Intelligent Automation Analyst, Gartner Research, Flexible NA location
The successful candidate will create and maintain a body of Gartner research and analysis pertaining to Intelligent Automation Services: the associated services that utilize artificial intelligence (AI*) for business applications, infrastructure and process solutions. Gartner uses the term "intelligent automation services" (IAS) to represent the services that utilize artificial intelligence (AI) for business applications, infrastructure and process solutions. The umbrella term IAS covers a variety of strategies, skills, tools and techniques in conjunction with AI technologies that service providers are using. While Robotic Process Automation (RPA) is NOT considered an AI, research from this coverage will include RPA as well as actual AI technologies and services. Research will focus on advising Technology and Service Provider clients on how to transform their businesses and services offerings through their use as well as the distinct consulting and implementation market opportunities associated with these technologies. The candidate will focus on written and customer-facing deliverables that retain and grow Gartner contract value across all constituencies and roles in Gartner’s Client Base.
- Define and conduct ongoing research and analysis pertaining to Intelligent Automation Services and its impact on business process, Application, Infrastructure and Cloud- related services.
- Research via reading, networking with clients, vendors and analysts, evaluating and analyzing information and participating in Research Meetings and other activities which comprise the Gartner research process
- Publish industry/role-specific research geared towards Technology and Service Provider professionals. Specify and design vendor and user surveys and questionnaires
- Perform strategic analysis of market, market segment and regional/country trends multi-segment and sometimes multi-program data analysis. Enhance the quality and value of the research by analysts for clients (which may include triangulation, pattern recognition, application of experience)
- Hold informal presentations to internal associates as well as prospects and clients
- Maintain and share key -contact lists
- Interact with client inquiry specialists to develop understanding of client needs and aid in determination of the appropriate analysts to cover questions
- Answer telephone and email inquiries from clients in covered topic areas
- Create specified volumes of written documentation of research in fulfilment of our commitment to clients.
- Create materials for and deliver face-to-face before large and small audiences, teleconferenced and taped presentations to clients.
- Provide individualized consulting for clients, which involves presentations regarding Gartner research and findings to individual companies or providing advice to a user or vendor client for a day or two
- Provide sales support by speaking to prospective and existing clients via telephone, by making face-to face sales calls with sales personnel and by delivering speeches at "prospectors" (half-day seminars whose purpose is attracting prospective clients)
- Bachelor's degree in related field; MBA preferred
- 8-10+ years’ experience working within IT Services with deep knowledge of automation tooling, applicability, and current state of leverage. This will also encompass leadership, strategic planning, consulting, or delivery capacity at an IT Services Provider.
- A detailed knowledge of RPA tools is strongly preferred including the following representative vendors: Automation Anywhere, Blue Prism, and WorkFusion as well as the RPA tools being developed and deployed by Technology and Business Service providers including Conduent, Infosys, and others.
- Strong background in the following:
o Customer engagement o Marketing o Functional Business and IT Ops and Management Processes.
- Strong quantitative skills are a must, including the ability to complement, contextualize and continuously project how the Services Marketplace will evolve is required.
- Quantitative/Financial modelling skill/ understanding are a must. Flexibility and versatility to work with quantitative methods to create, model and express market forecasts and market share estimates as well as explain assumptions and rationale
- Strong attention to detail.
- Understanding of market research, data collection and analysis
- Strong written and oral communication skills; ability to explain complex concepts both concisely and simply. Ability to effectively communication at all levels throughout organizations (of all constituency types) is a must. (C-level to operator/administrator)
- Strong time/project management skills.
- A strong team working ethos.
Meet Some of Gartner's Employees
Vice President, Research
Jenny is the go-to girl for any information pertaining to what technology applications clients can use to support social media connections with customers around the world.
Back to top