Infrastructure Services Marketplace Pragmatist, Gartner Research, Flexible European Location
- Ideate, define, conduct and publish ongoing research and analysis in the Infrastructure Services spaces. Showcase deep focus on major trends in the full lifecycle of Infrastructure Services from Design, Build, Run and Maintain.
- Track emerging technology adoption and influences including but not limited to: Intelligent Automation, Artificial Intelligence, Converged Infrastructure, DevOps, serverless computing, microservices hybrid and cloud based delivery models.
- Deliver foresight and insight into deep understanding of the traits that infrastructure services (and related portfolios) must possess to support the bimodal strategy of organizations and enable their digital evolution
- Research through reading, networking with clients, vendors and peer analysts, evaluating and analyzing information and participating in Research Communities and other activities which comprise the Gartner research process
- Create user and vendor surveys analyzing resulting data to provide insight for the IT Services Provider marketplace
- Fundamentally and foundationally research market share and forecast quantitative methods to size market opportunity. In doing so evaluate vendor revenue - embedding these methods into the totality of the research agenda
- Deliver value from the data through rigorous analysis, vetting of positions, collaboration and peer review.
- Engage in client support activities via telephone, email and face to face inquiries and meetings with clients in covered topic areas
- Create specified volumes of published, must have, research to fulfil our commitment to clients, enhance Gartner’s brand position, and become a “must-read” analyst
- Create Compelling presentation materials to be delivered to clients via various means, including face-to-face, teleconference, video conferences and taped presentations. Deliverables will include but not be limited to individualized Strategic Advisory Services (remote or client facing), Webinars, Briefings and Conferences
- Attend client/prospect meeting with sales for identification of opportunities and supporting sales productivity through Proof of Concept meetings
- Provide sales support by speaking to prospective and existing clients via telephone, by making face-to face sales calls with sales personnel and by delivering speeches at "prospectors" , local briefings and other venues (half-day seminars whose purpose is attracting prospective clients)
- 5-10 years’ experience working within IT Services
- 5 years in leadership, strategic planning, consulting, or delivery capacity at an IT Services Provider
- 3-5 years in customer engagement, product management or marketing at start up or established provider
- Bachelor's degree in related field; Masters preferred
- Relevant services experience, well versed on the Infrastructure Services marketplace to be accepted by clients as an expert or "guru". An equally deep understanding of Cloud Services markets and the competitive landscape of service providers, and user/buyer strategies. An incessant drive for continuous learning is a must.
- Understanding and perspective regarding the challenge of integration activities and efforts, as well as the ability to project forward thinking and positioning for integration activities.
- Strong quantitative skills are a must, including the ability to complement, contextualize and continuously project how the Services Marketplace will evolve is required. Quantitative/Financial modelling skill are a strong plus. Flexibility and versatility to work with quantitative methods to create, model and express market forecasts and market share estimates as well as explain assumptions and rationale
- Strong writing ability a must. Writing efforts will require stating/staking positions, justifying those positions via research and fact base (including market surveys) and providing relevant, actionable analysis and recommendations for clients.
- Strong communicator and collaborator who is able to explain complex concepts concisely, simply and in a compelling manner that drives clients to action, and guides them to effective results and impact.
- Strong client presence and ability to relate to a myriad of client roles and enterprise organizations a must. Candidate must demonstrate the credibility to represent Gartner research, methodology and strategies effectively at multiple levels of client organizations (Board, C-Level, Business Unit and Operational) and multiple client organization types (End User Client, Investors, Technology and Service Providers, Resellers, Channel Partners)
Meet Some of Gartner's Employees
Vice President, Research
Jenny is the go-to girl for any information pertaining to what technology applications clients can use to support social media connections with customers around the world.
Back to top