Identity and Access Management Expert, Flexible Location, Gartner Research
What makes Gartner Research & Advisory a GREAT fit for you? When you join Gartner Research & Advisory, you’ll be part of a leading-edge team that values expert insights, bold ideas and intellectual courage. You’ll deliver must-have research through compelling client interactions, and contribute to our double-digit growth by providing our clients worldwide the unbiased insight they need to make the right decisions on their key initiatives. Through constant learning, discovery and collaboration you’ll not only help clients deliver on their mission critical priorities, you’ll grow your career and the scope of your impact across industries. Our culture demands hard work — and rewards it with exceptional opportunity. If you’re always looking for what’s next in business and technology, Gartner is looking for you.
The Research Director is responsible for creating high quality content for Gartner’s clientele, including but not limited to research documents and presentations. The Research Director will work with customers, vendors, and industry leaders as part of their research responsibilities.
POSITION ACCOUNTABILITIES AND SPECIFIC DUTIES
- Create and maintain high quality, accurate, and in depth documents or architecture positions in identity and access management (IAM), identity verification, adaptive access control, federated identity, PKI, identity of things, IAM APIs, identity governance and administration, authorization, IAM for public cloud (IaaS), Identity-as-a-Service (IDaaS) and/or related coverage areas;
- Prepare for and respond to customer questions (inquiries/dialogues) during scheduled one hour sessions with accurate information and actionable advice, subject to capacity and demand;
- Prepare and deliver analysis in the form of presentation(s) delivered at one or more of the company’s Catalyst conferences, Summit, Symposium, webinars, or other industry speaking events;
- Participate in industry conferences and vendor briefings, as required to gather research and maintain a high level of knowledge and expertise;
- Perform limited analyst consulting subject to availability and management approval;
- Support business development for GTP by participating in sales support calls/visits subject to availability and management approval;
- Contribute to research planning and development by participating in planning meetings, contributing to peer reviews, and research community meetings;
- Other duties and roles as assigned that complement the primary analysis and research role.
- At least 15 years of progressively senior technical IT security, identity and architecture experience gained in an end user or vendor organization, consulting and/or research roles as a technical expert in two or more of the following topics;
- Mechanisms for the automation of IAM governance and user provisioning tasks
- Designing, developing, and validating IAM interfaces to applications
- Endpoint, device, application and user identity authentication and access management mechanisms
- Cloud IAM architecture and cloud-based IAM services
- Excellent writing and research skills coupled with strong analytical skills
- Excellent presentation skills, including large audiences (300+ people)
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or related area
- Ability to take a position, based on facts, and support that position to clients, both external and internal, with clear analysis
- Broad knowledge of IAM industry trends and emerging technologies
- Understanding of what it takes to successfully deploy IAM technologies in a complex IT environment, spanning on-premise and cloud-based infrastructure and services
- Ability to identify how changing technologies will impact technology choices in architectural decisions
- Ability to travel approximately 20 to 25% of the time
Job Requisition ID:26157
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link: https://jobs.gartner.com/applicant-privacy-policy
For efficient navigation through the application, please only use the back button within the application, not the back arrow within your browser.
Job ID 26157
Back to top