HR Business Partner
What makes Gartner HR a GREAT fit for you? When you join Gartner, you’ll join a fast-paced, dynamic team and play a key role in our company’s continued double-digit growth. We’re a people business. From talent acquisition and management to compensation, benefits, analytics and operations, finding and keeping the right people is the core of our strategy for success. You’ll work alongside smart, creative, motivated colleagues and have unlimited opportunities to grow. If you love working with people and making the connection between great talent and company success, we want to connect with you.
What you’ll do:
- Employee Relations – Minimize risk to organization by actively responding to and addressing associate concerns in a timely manner. Conduct complete investigations and make recommendations based on findings/facts. Escalate issues/concerns to HR leadership and business unit leadership as appropriate. Collaborate with legal and outside counsel as needed to address complex or highly sensitive issues.
- Workforce Planning & Organizational Development – Analyze and provide guidance on the business unit’s current organizational state and future requirements. Craft and revise role profiles as needed to facilitate business planning. Design and implement solutions to meet business needs.
- Recruitment & Retention – Partner with Recruiting to ensure a conscious, deliberate approach to attracting and retaining top talent from both inside and outside the organization.
- Succession Planning – Support leadership preparation for business unit annual talent review sessions. Lead business unit talent reviews in order to identify top talent and succession planning strategies. Recommend and implement retention strategies to minimize unwanted attrition, particularly in business unit critical roles, specialty skill sets, and in highly competitive critical market places.
- Compensation & Benefits – Lead annual salary, bonus/commission, and equity planning process with business unit leadership, ensuring highest performers are compensated in line with their business impact and contributions. Provide ongoing global compensation analyses and recommend market adjustments as needed to ensure top talent is retained. Collaborate with global compensation and benefits partners to drive participation in annual benefits enrollment processes.
- Specific Topic Owner – Manage, administer and work with external provider on stress and health topics, company benefits and time management.
- Digital Initiatives – work together with all HR team members in supporting our ERP tools, onboarding and offboarding as well as strategic digital tool etc.
What you’ll need:
- Bachelor’s degree
- 8-10 years of progressive HR experience, strong business acumen.
- Proven HR Generalist skills including employee relations, employment law, employee engagement, succession planning, comp, performance management, workforce planning, recruitment, and training and development.
- Strong analytical skills and affinity to KPIs to deliver HR programs and strategies that effectively address business issues.
- Track record of achieving results that contribute significantly to the business.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, problem-solving and decision-making skills, and ability to handle sensitive situations/documentation.
- Bilingual language skills in Japanese and English
Who you are:
- Strategic partner serving supporting the sales organization and senior leadership team. Provide direction for the business unit in the area of strategic HR planning and operations.
- Trusted HR advisor able to coach the senior leadership team and their direct reports on leadership effectiveness and performance.
- Effectively use influence and negotiation strategies to secure support from stakeholders for support of key initiatives.
- A great team player who enjoys to work in dynamic and diverse team setting
What we offer:
- A seat to the table to help drive peak performance in a growing, people business.
- Encouragement to be innovative and challenge status quo.
- Exposure to industry leading training and development.
- Performance based recognition and rewards.
Job Requisition ID:36735
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link: https://jobs.gartner.com/applicant-privacy-policy
For efficient navigation through the application, please only use the back button within the application, not the back arrow within your browser.
See Inside the Office of Gartner
Gartner is known as the world's leading research and advisory company. But what exactly does that mean? Gartner's teams conduct research, then design products and services based on those objective insights to help clients make the right decisions and be successful. The focus is C-suite senior executives and their teams across the enterprise.
Back to top