High Tech Executive Partner, Gartner for General Managers (GGM)
Gartner, Inc. (NYSE: IT) is the world’s leading information technology research and advisory company. We deliver the technology-related insight necessary for our clients to make the right decisions, every day. We work with every client to research, analyze and interpret the business of IT within the context of their individual role. Founded in 1979, Gartner is headquartered in Stamford, Connecticut, U.S.A.– Visit gartner.com to learn more.
What makes Gartner a GREAT fit for you?
When you join Gartner CEO/General Managers Programs, you’ll continue your career and be on track for outstanding achievement with a company that knows no limits. We’re the leader in our industry, achieving double-digit growth by helping clients make the right decisions with business and technology insights they can’t find anywhere else. Gartner CEO/General Executive Partners serve as trusted advisors to our members (clients) who are highly visible senior executives from Global 1000 organizations. Our Associates enjoy a collaborative work environment, exceptional career development, the unique opportunity to make a significant difference in many client organizations simultaneously as well as unlimited growth potential. If you like working with a generous, supportive, high-performing team, Gartner is where you want to be.
About this role:
With the support of their CEO/General Manager Executive Partner, our clients are able to achieve their goals more quickly, more cost effectively and with a higher assurance of success. You will have the opportunity to learn about and deliver solutions for, the most complex business and technology challenges facing the world’s largest community of Global 1000 organizations.
What you’ll do:
- Manage a portfolio of 15-25 member relationships at Sr executive level - CEO, President, and SVP, including Board member interactions.
- In collaboration with Gartner Account teams assist in support of business development, including account strategy development, presentations and expanding the business.
- Work with senior executive members on strategies, plans, and roadmaps for new capabilities and offerings that will drive growth and market expansion.
- Outline client mission critical priorities (MCPs) in a time-based delivery in a logical sequence, leveraging Gartner’s extensive resources to accelerate the client’s goals, reduce risk and increase success as measured by value and business outcomes.
- Use clients MCPs to build an engagement plan to drive and orchestrate interactions with Gartner analysts and resources to most effectively accelerate clients goals
- Support, and challenge where appropriate, our members to consider and deal with a full gamut of Business issues (investments, risk, tradeoff, prioritization, Go to market strategies, Messaging, channels, partners)
- Leverage your subject matter expertise to create service solutions for the members and multi-member accounts.
- Define and deliver innovative solutions by assessing member needs and developing a customized value plan in accordance with overall product strategy and deliverables.
- Define and conduct on-site sessions for clients at their location in support of key initiatives dealing with Senior Executives on business, technology, investments, prioritization and related go to market impacts.
- Work with clients on P&L tradeoffs for investments that will drive growth and profitability
- Participate in all phases of the member lifecycle: pre-sale, on-boarding, relationship management, delivery, review, and service renewal.
- Be responsible for retention of your client portfolio and for contributing toward growth in the region through direct support of Gartner Sales in prospect cultivation, account plan development, and value demonstration activities.
- Host and/or participate in periodic member activities, including Board meeting. Executive team meeting, Investor meeting, Product launch planning and announcement, special interest groups (SIGs), workshops, research analyst visits (where appropriate), roundtables and webinars (in collaboration with Gartner Research).
What you’ll need:
- A university graduate (Masters preferred) with 15+ years of experience working in a Senior management roles
- Successful experience in roles such as CEO, General Manager, experience bringing new technology products and services to market, Chief Technology Officer (CTO), Chief Innovation Officer, Chief Technologist, Chief Strategist, Head of Innovation Lab
- Entrepreneurial Drive
- In-depth understanding of business and launching new technology products and services
- Has managed a P&L for a sizeable organization
- In-depth understanding of the IT industry and Technology
- Experience with strategy development, organizational design, initiative management, application of metrics and understanding of major industry trends
- Critical thinking and problem solving to assess client situations and provide actionable outcome based business/technical advice
- High tolerance / evolved ability to lead and manage ambiguous situations
- Excellent relationship management skills including experience working with senior technology and business leaders
- Experience coaching and mentoring senior level leaders
- Collaboration and team leadership
- Strong time and client portfolio management skills
- Travel 25% and upwards
- Ability work with minimal administrative support
Subject Matter Expertise:
The successful candidate will have had successful experience as an executive bringing technology-based products and services to market and/or Innovation role within a Global 1000 organization or government agency with commensurate responsibilities and span of control. Additionally, candidates would also have experience in executive level roles within consulting or customer-facing positions. Candidates should have very strong business acumen and executive presence while also possessing experience and expertise with modern technology, business leadership, and Innovation key initiatives and methods, including:
- Ability to synthesize and effectively communicate information for top executives and board members
Innovation Leadership/Management, including funding – internal or external VC, Ideation, transfer & incubation, Prototypes & pilots, Technology tracking, scenario planning, horizon scanning, Innovation frameworks, Business & reverse innovation
- Emerging Trends, including Business, Social and Technology trends and creative application of them to create business advantage, Industry Impacts, breadth of application and non-adoption risk, Product development life cycle, Verticals and market segments characteristics
- Digital Business Transformation, including Strategic Planning, strategy, and roadmap – applying new, digitally enabled business models, business and product strategic planning, People-Process-Technology transformation
- Critical thinker and problem solver demonstrating the ability to assess our member’s situations and provide actionable, outcome-based business/technical advice as well as the ability to leverage appropriate resources to help members achieve results
You have excellent relationship management, including experience working with C-level executives
- Ability to build strategic internal partnerships with key roles across the organization and positively impact change
- Ability to work effectively with people at all levels in an organization
- This role is a client-facing position that requires a high level of executive presence and ability build trust and delivers value.
- Demonstrate superior verbal and written communication skills as well as strong facilitation and presentation skills.
Meet Some of Gartner's Employees
Vice President, Research
Jenny is the go-to girl for any information pertaining to what technology applications clients can use to support social media connections with customers around the world.
Back to top