Group Vice President, Global Practice Solutions
Why is Gartner Consulting an organization unlike any other? Our consultants are technology and business thought leaders for the 21st century. With the full scope of Gartner’s renowned research and capabilities to draw from, our consultants are committed to turning those insights into actionable solutions for our clients. That’s where you come in. We’re committed to attracting the most creative, talented, and motivated associates to bring our world-class consultancy to the next level. When you join Gartner Consulting, you’ll lead the most innovative business and technology efforts in the marketplace today. You’ll work across Gartner to help senior leaders and their teams execute their most strategic initiatives and achieve lasting results - all within the context of a rapidly evolving digital economy.
- General Management: Lead all strategic and operational aspects of Global Practices & Solutions, achieving both short-term and long-term objectives. Develop and execute innovation and knowledge management strategy. Establish clear goals and communicate them widely. Identify key performance drivers, set challenging targets and hold team members accountable for achieving results. As a member of the EVP’s Executive Leadership Team, collaborate with other geographic, sector and functional executives in guiding the overall consulting business.
- Commercial L eadership: Lead Senior Expert Partners to deliver the best of Gartner to clients by possessing comprehensive knowledge of Gartner Research and Practice offerings and to partner with Regional Leaders and Industry Leaders on a joint go-to market approach. Lead by example, nurturing client relationships in and outside of the engagement context, advising C-suite level executives on strategic business priorities. Continually strive to innovate new and differentiated offerings that are repeatable and scalable for our clients to help drive more intimate and longstanding client relationships considering Gartner’s overall market positioning and research strengths.
- Talent D evelopment: Mentor, energize and inspire the Practice and Solutions leaders and foster esprit de corps among all of the Gartner Consulting employees, setting a standard for excellence. In particular, cultivate the Expert Partner role and evangelize the Practice career path. Continually upgrade organizational talent and structure through development and recruitment. Motivate direct reports to push beyond their perceived limits and deliver exceptional results.
Professional services leadership experience -
Experience leading and innovating within a labor-based professional services organization or practice within a consulting firm which employs at least several hundred people globally across both sales and delivery functions.
Track record of execution and measurable results-
A track-record of implementing and leading a successful, global product innovation strategy while also delivering on short-term financial goals and longer-term operational improvements in a people-intensive business.
Global exposure -
Significant international exposure, including experience leading product innovation and senior leaders outside of the U.S. and with global teams.
Fluency in technology-related topics, but deep IT expertise is not required.
Reputation for building world-class teams, attracting and developing highly successful and motivated leaders in prior leadership roles.
CRITICAL LEADERSHIP CAPABILITIES:
- Acts to meet and surpass goals, seizing opportunities to push the envelope. Looks for opportunities to grow all sides of the business.
- Sets continually higher goals that are ambitious, but realistic, for self and team, geared to organizational objectives.
- Focuses on new and untapped business opportunities that enable business development targets to be exceeded.
- Collaborates across the enterprise with fellow ELT and Research Sales Team members to support common business goals and realize synergies beneficial to consulting.
- A change agent who publicly identifies needed changes or directions that need adjustment.
- Challenges assumptions about “the way things are done.”
- Communicates explicitly what must change, why changes are necessary, and possible outcomes and costs.
- Adjusts communication style to the audience to help them understand and accept the change.
- Encourages people to support and propose changes and ideas.
- Leverages corporate service functions (HR, IT, Finance, etc.) effectively to support change efforts.
- Communicates long-term direction and collaborates with team on how to reach it.
- Designs and implements effective leadership structures and governance models.
- Delegate strategic objectives to the whole team with clear and explicit intent; knows the precise level of challenge and how individual team members will handle it.
- Seen as an eminent subject matter expert across all industries in driving strategic business initiatives as a leader of a prominent consultancy
- A sought-after speaker, trend-setter, thought-leader, and prognosticator on forward-looking business trends and economic forces
- A powerful intellect and independent, but highly collaborative, nature to fit into the culture of Gartner’s high-performance culture.
- A natural interest in information services and technology.
- A product innovator who has a creative edge and continues to refine and innovate solutions.
- The analytical skills to secure and compare information from multiple sources to identify business issues; the ability to make sense of complex issues and ambiguous situations.
- A high-degree of personal maturity and confidence.
- An unquestioned reputation for integrity and the highest ethics.
- Ability to work as a committee with senior leadership to drive collaboration.
Job Requisition ID:35146
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link: https://jobs.gartner.com/applicant-privacy-policy
For efficient navigation through the application, please only use the back button within the application, not the back arrow within your browser.
Back to top