Gartner Creative Center of Excellence is a dynamic, energetic, in-house creative team within a global organization that has been growing by double digits for 25 consecutive quarters. To meet current business needs and fuel our growth, we’re seeking a Mid-level Graphic Designer to contribute innovative design solutions for both digital and print marketing campaigns.
Our design team plays a key strategic part in evolving and championing the Gartner brand. Reporting to the Art Director, this role collaborates with other designers, editors, writers, project managers, and internal stakeholders throughout the organization. You’ll excel in this role if you:
- Live to innovate. On the pulse of the latest trends and forward-thinking digital solutions — you’re not afraid to take risks.
- Own your outcomes. You’re dedicated to your work, your clients and your team. You possess a no project too small mentality — whatever the task, you give 100%.
- Build trust-based relationships. Forge solid connections within our team of designers, writers, editors and project managers. Gain the confidence of stakeholders by contributing creative solutions that meet both business and creative goals.
- Are engaged in your projects. You’re not afraid to ask questions. You want to understand the full-picture.
- Hone your craft. You welcome feedback and are always looking to improve. You leverage best practices and data-driven feedback to evolve and perfect your designs and create compelling digital and print campaigns aligned to our brand strategy.
- Are a positive team player. You’re a problem solver and live to collaborate. You’re flexible and have a cheerful disposition.
- Education: Bachelors degree with a major graphic design, digital design, or similar major
- Experience: 3 to 5 years of experience in a role as a graphic designer. Background working on a creative team is a plus.
- Skills: Top-notch design abilities and a meticulous eye for typography, color, and layout. You have a comprehensive background in digital design principles including responsive design and an understanding of HTML/CSS (you don’t have to be a coder). You also have full command of print as a medium. You release perfect files, you’ve been on press. You’re an expert in Adobe Creative Cloud (Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator, etc.) You’re familiar with Sketch. You also are proficient in Microsoft Office programs including PowerPoint on a Mac platform. Motion graphics experience not required, but a plus.
- Portfolio: A balanced selection of digital and print design samples. You can speak to your role in the creation of each piece, how you delivered on your client’s objectives and what the result was.
- Design thinking: You can take a high-level concept and apply it to an entire campaign. Turning complex ideas into simple solutions is how you have fun. Your colleagues are consistently in awe of how you came up with that awesome idea.
- Organizational skills: Must thrive in a fast-paced, creative environment and transition easily between multiple projects, managing them (and your time) from start to finish. You take tight deadlines in stride. You see curve balls as opportunities. People marvel at your attention to detail.
- Selling it: You are comfortable providing a rationale for your work at every step in the creative process.
- You’re interested: You’ve researched Gartner, you know what we do, our offerings, our audiences and you can’t wait to dive in.
Job ID 00020653
Meet Some of Gartner's Employees
Regional Vice President, Sales
Erin oversees more than $40 million of business for Gartner while guiding and supporting five separate teams of account executives throughout the greater New York City territory.
Back to top