What makes Gartner Research & Advisory a GREAT fit for you? When you join Gartner, you’ll be part of a leading-edge team that values expert insights, bold ideas and intellectual courage. You’ll deliver must-have research through compelling client interactions, and contribute to our double-digit growth by providing clients the unbiased insight and advice they need to make the right decisions every day. Through constant learning, discovery and collaboration, you’ll help clients deliver on their mission-critical priorities, grow your career and increase your industry impact. We value hard workers — and reward you with unlimited opportunity. If you’re looking to explore what’s next in technology and business, Gartner is looking for you.
About this role:
The Designer (2-5 years of experience) is responsible for influencing the client experience through creation of data visualization, illustration, and layout that best supports and communicates our best practice, insight-driven research. As a member of the in-house design team, the Designer will work with internal clients to create products of varying length, size, and complexity (e.g., webinars, meeting presentations, and reports), ensure the design is representative of company graphic and brand standards, and drive internal partners towards deadlines that meet strategic company goals.
What you’ll do:
Expert Designer and Brand Guardian
- Enforce consistency of brand standards and work internally with cross-functional teams to stay up to date with changes; have a strong familiarity with look, feel, voice and overall brand presence.
- Create high-end quality work in a fast-pace and process-driven environment, to meet deadlines and client expectations for creativity, quality, and accuracy using Adobe InDesign, Adobe Illustrator, and Adobe Photoshop.
- Design graphic solutions to projects.
- Hand on experience to PowerPoint and Adobe creative suit is a must have.
- Influence the final product by steering clients toward the best design option
- Evangelize the in-house style, guidelines, and templates to internal partners; seek areas of improvement or need based on brand visual identity.
- Maintain a high degree of quality control through self-proofing and adhering to the CEB style guide.
- Determine and allocate the time needed to accomplish each project throughout the day, week, or month.
- Ensure that all projects are completed at the proper time for each phase of the project timeline and provide timely status updates to associates.
- Coordinate client approval and signoff.
- Manage multiple projects simultaneously while weighing the importance of specific jobs and prioritizing accordingly.
- Work with Project Managers to develop, monitor, manage, and revise project scope documents, time lines, and processes.
- Schedule reviews with managers, art directors, and editors to ensure high product output without disruption to timeline.
Client Service and Communication
- Communicate professionally during stressful situations, resolving problems effectively and positively.
- Passionately serve internal clients, developing and maintaining strong relationships.
- Resolve complex production and project issues with a collaborative, solution-oriented approach.
- Define and agree on deliverable's and milestones with internal partners and project managers and; continuously prioritize projects and manage scope requirements and revision cycle.
- Confidently facilitate global communications with internal research teams and design peers to meet business needs.
- Maintain up-to-date awareness of our business environment and what is required to be successful.
- Foresee issues on projects before they occur and raise risks to appropriate parties.
- Mitigate risk on projects by creating contingency plans and recommending solutions, proactively engaging in problem solving.
- Work closely with peers to resolve problems effectively and positively.
- Identify and elevate any inefficient department processes to manager. Recommend solutions.
- Balance design and adherence to admin tasks to ensure high productivity regardless of workflow.
- Actively participate in meetings and lead sections of presentations when required.
- Proactively seek and embrace formal and informal feedback, incorporating into everyday work and performance.
- Execute new developments in design software as required.
- Must be able to design a high-volume of projects effectively.
- Related duties as assigned
Who you are:
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to perform gracefully under pressure and meet inflexible and shifting deadlines
- Superior customer service ethic and interpersonal skills
- Excellent organizational, multi-tasking, and time management skills
- Willingness to be flexible to project needs; availability to work long days and weekends as needed
- Ability to work well in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment
- Must be flexible to changing conditions and aware of project deadlines independent of manager, peer, and client reminders
- Must be able to simultaneously focus on big picture, details, and driving results
- Must exhibit teamwork with internal clients and other members of the creative team, take direction yet make decisions independently
What you’ll need:
- College degree in a graphic design or closely-related discipline.
- 2- 4 years’ experience in a graphic design role.
- Portfolio demonstrating excellent design sense with strong typography and publication design skills.
- Proficiency with Adobe Creative Suite.
- Demonstrated understanding AP standard proofreading marks.
What we offer:
In addition to an outstanding work environment with rapid advancement potential, Gartner research team enjoys exceptional benefits, including:
- Competitive base salary
- Great on job learning
- Inordinate work life balance
Gartner, Inc. (NYSE: IT) is the world's leading information technology research and advisory company. We deliver the technology-related insight necessary for our clients to make the right decisions, every day. From CIOs and senior IT leaders in corporations and government agencies, to business leaders in high-tech and telecom enterprises and professional services firms, to technology investors, we are the valuable partner to clients in more than 10,000 distinct enterprises worldwide. Through the resources of Gartner Research, Gartner Executive Programs, Gartner Consulting and Gartner Events, we work with every client to research, analyze and interpret the business of IT within the context of their individual role. Founded in 1979, Gartner is headquartered in Stamford, Connecticut, USA, and has 8,300 associates, including over 1,800 research analysts and consultants, and clients in more than 90 countries.
For more information, email firstname.lastname@example.org or visit www.gartner.com
Job Requisition ID:36152
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link: https://jobs.gartner.com/applicant-privacy-policy
For efficient navigation through the application, please only use the back button within the application, not the back arrow within your browser.
See Inside the Office of Gartner
Gartner is known as the world's leading research and advisory company. But what exactly does that mean? Gartner's teams conduct research, then design products and services based on those objective insights to help clients make the right decisions and be successful. The focus is C-suite senior executives and their teams across the enterprise.
Back to top