Gartner Consulting, Strategic Sourcing & Vendor Ecosystems
What makes Gartner Consulting a GREAT fit for you? A career at Gartner Consulting will be unlike any other you have experienced. Not only are we are passionate about technology and its application, we are also committed to attracting the most creative, talented and driven consultants to take our world-renowned Gartner research to a whole new level. When you join Gartner Consulting, you will lead some of the most innovative business and technology efforts in the marketplace today. Our consultants are technology thought leaders for the 21st century. You can expect to connect technology innovations to the strategic requirements of an organization and to the commercial needs of a business, all within the context of the changing digital economy. Consulting associates enjoy a collaborative work environment, exceptional training and career development. If you thrive on solving complex business challenges with technology, Gartner is the place for you.
Gartner is enjoying double-digit growth across all sectors, and seeking an up-and-coming, ambitious and driven sourcing consultant to take a key role in the development of our Consulting practice in the east region. The successful candidate will take on senior consulting delivery activities. Gartner’s strategy, which you will be helping to implement, is to focus on a small number of clients, with whom we will build, long-term strategic relationships, based on consulting capabilities in world-class areas of expertise:
- Strategic Planning
- Digital Enablement
- Application Strategy and Business Modernization
- Organizational Change Management
- IT Cost Optimization
- Project Oversight and Quality Assurance
- Project Health Assessments
- IT Governance and Investment Management
- Infrastructure Modernization
- Sourcing and Vendor Ecosystem Management
- Cyber-security and Privacy
Led by our Managing Partners, we develop sustained relationships with select clients by selling and delivering large, high-impact engagements focused on our clients’ most important IT initiatives and mission-critical priorities, using replicable solutions based on distinctive capabilities that are tailored to our clients. This role assists in managing medium to large-size projects and must have demonstrated success in leading people and projects.
- Understanding and knowledge of developing and supporting Digital Sourcing contracts and Agile/Rapid procurements
- Knowledge of industry trends and disruptions (IoT, RPA, etc).
- Experience with Cloud Services contracts
- Demonstrated experience of Vendor Evaluation and Selection Criteria and Approach
- Ability to lead large Sourcing engagements across Sourcing lifecycle (Strategy, Vendor Evaluation and Selection, and Negotiations Advisory Support)
- Demonstrated experience with evaluating and optimizing a portfolio of IT contracts
- Experience with vendor management and sourcing strategies and processes
- Experienced in leading and facilitating workshops and sessions with senior procurement, vendor management, IT and Business client stakeholders
- An understanding of contractual T & Cs and best practices for infrastructure and application services contracts. Able to support MSA review from business and technical perspective with client legal counsel
- Knowledge of labor laws in US and Canada
- 5-10 years total experience
- Prior experience as a management consultant/analyst
- MBA, MPP, MPA – preferred
- Position can be located in New York, Boston
- A “No Limits” mindset
- An ability to work with our commercial and government clients and specialists to identify and solve the most critical business problems, bringing a mix of client engagement, sales and marketing acumen
- An ability to inspire and motivate professionals from both technical and non-technical backgrounds towards a common goal
- An unwavering commitment to the success of a team, and willingness to be accountable.
- Dedication of time coaching and mentoring others, building the next generation of consulting delivery leaders within Gartner
- An ability to communicate persuasively to diverse audiences and adapt messaging as needed – from CIOs to staff-level clients, and internally within Gartner to junior consultants as well as to top consulting leaders
- Demonstrating intellectual curiosity and the creative development of solutions and strategies to solve client problems. Must adapt Gartner frameworks and methodologies to strike at the heart of a client’s most pressing challenges
- Building trusted advisor relationships through not just exceptional delivery, but also through demonstrating a willingness to “go the extra mile” for client and team and commit to their success
- Comfortable operating in a dynamic environment, often needing to make adjustments mid-stream
Job Requisition ID:G22491
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link: https://jobs.gartner.com/applicant-privacy-policy
For efficient navigation through the application, please only use the back button within the application, not the back arrow within your browser.
Job ID G22491
Back to top