Gartner Conferences Director - Speaker Sourcing and Management
Gartner is the world’s leading research and advisory company. We equip business leaders with indispensable insights, advice and tools to achieve their mission-critical priorities today and build the successful organizations of tomorrow. Gartner Conferences are all about the newest ideas, the latest solutions, unparalleled connections and the brightest minds in the business. At Gartner Conferences, we showcase the very best speakers in the industry who understands our attendees’ roles and unique challenges, can energize their thinking and help them transform their mission-critical priorities into business results.
The Director of Speaker Sourcing and Management is a critical role in the recruitment and preparation of our speakers to ensure we provide maximum value to our attendees and our speakers have the best possible experience at our conferences. The director is charged with leading a team of speaker management event professionals to include keynote and case study recommendations, efficient speaker recruitment, effective speaker onboarding and the operational effectiveness of the team.
Principle responsibilities and accountabilities:
Manage a team of 3-4 sourcing and management specialists in a growing team.
Develop an effective process, and cultivate the team’s ability to make strategic speaker recommendations to Gartner Events Program Management.
Build strategic partnerships with internal stakeholders who have relationships with potential speakers.
Manage strategic relationship with speaker bureaus.
Manage strategic relationships with select high-profile speakers.
Build and support a team culture of productivity and innovation.
Enhance speaker assets gathered for marketing efforts and coordinate with internal stakeholders to leverage the assets.
Recommend and support innovative attendee-to-speaker pre-event and onsite engagement opportunities.
Create a tool kit for speaker’s own promotion of their participation at Gartner Conferences.
Explain processes and manage expectations internally and externally with prospective and participating speakers.
Assist in strategically identifying new speakers and innovative session formats that align to our attendees’ interests and mission-critical priorities.
Develop a speaker coaching program.
Recruit additional talent as we expand the team.
Oversee the speaker department workflow to streamline the collection and management of speaker information.
Identify and recommend an automated speaker management technology solution.
Design an effective case study recruitment process and support the team with efficient execution.
Develop performance metrics of the speaker management team and build speaker management results database.
Support team in sharing constructive feedback with speakers about their performance.
Oversee the efficiency and effectiveness of the pre-event onboarding and onsite rehearsal process.
Bachelor’s Degree in addition to 8-10 years of event experience, preferably 3-5 years of speaker management.
- A proven track record of leading successful teams and initiatives in a high-performance culture, and in a matrix environment.
- Strong executive presence and ability to handle complex situations.
- Excellent verbal and people management skills.
- An exceptional thinker and collaborator, with a proven ability to solve problems and drive change.
- Proven track record in contract negotiation.
- Experience managing multiple events at one time, and at various stages in the planning process.
- Ability to analyze data and provide insights to ensure we are maximizing our investments.
- Ability to interact with confidence and credibility and develop relationships with high-profile speakers, technology corporate executives and internal associates.
- Demonstrate a passion for staying abreast of current events in technology and business.
- Proven track record of diplomacy and providing exceptional customer service.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- A can-do mindset.
Job ID 00020233
Meet Some of Gartner's Employees
Regional Vice President, Sales
Erin oversees more than $40 million of business for Gartner while guiding and supporting five separate teams of account executives throughout the greater New York City territory.
Back to top