Full Stack Developer - GetApp
What Makes Gartner Digital Markets GREAT fit?
Gartner Digital Markets supports the technology needs of small and medium sized organizations. The business is comprised of three brands - Software Advice, Capterra and GetApp - who are the leaders in helping small businesses select the right software. For candidates exploring the technology space for their next opportunity, Gartner Digital Markets can offer the excitement of working for a start-up, balanced by the stability of a large established organization, and the opportunity to be on the front lines of innovation in a company that is growing and transforming.
About this role
This position works closely with our designers and engineers to build a compelling product and implement exciting new features--all with the goal of ensuring a great experience for website users.
GetApp is looking for a passionate Full Stack Developer to work with our highly skilled technology team located in central Barcelona.
What You will do
- Your primary responsibility will be development and maintenance of the GetApp website codebase ensuring the highest quality experience for our users
- Responsible for the timely development of well-defined, larger product features/changes, expected to use judgment & apply functional knowledge of methodology/best practices; Develop code documentation as a reference
- Become active participant in technical design process, expected to contribute own ideas for changes/new features; Capable of owning independent small-to-medium features all the way through from technical design to launch
- I improves operations by conducting systems analysis; recommending changes in policies and procedures
- Challenging projects: You will work on recommendation systems, Solr based search engine, business analytics, frontend applications and many other projects
- Modern technologies: Ruby is our language of choice, but we love exploring and using best tools for the job. We use React for frontend applications, React native for mobile applications, Go and Elixir for internal tools. We actively use Docker to power our infrastructure
What you will need
- A passion for technology and development, a hunger to learn, a desire to meet challenges, a commitment to applying engineering best practice to produce top quality solutions.
- 2 - 4 years’ experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering
- Knowledge of software development methodology, techniques & standards
- Understanding of software design concepts, patterns, tools, best practices
- Verbal English skills (we work in English!)
What we offer
A collaborative, positive culture. You will work with people who are as enthusiastic, smart and driven as you are. You will be managed by the best professionals
Limitless growth and learning opportunities. We offer the excitement of a fast-paced entrepreneurial workplace and the professional growth opportunities of an established global organization
We offer a competitive salary, generous benefits great perks
Gartner, Inc. (NYSE: IT) is the world's leading research and advisory company. The company
helps business leaders across all major functions in every industry and enterprise size with the
objective insights they need to make the right decisions. Gartner's comprehensive suite of
services delivers strategic advice and proven best practices to help clients succeed in their
mission-critical priorities. Gartner is headquartered in Stamford, Connecticut, U.S.A., and has
more than 13,000 associates serving clients in 11,000 enterprises in 100 countries. For more
information, visit www.gartner.com .
Meet Some of Gartner's Employees
Vice President, Research
Jenny is the go-to girl for any information pertaining to what technology applications clients can use to support social media connections with customers around the world.
Back to top