Financial Systems Analyst
What makes Gartner a GREAT fit for you? When you join Gartner, you’ll be part of a fast-growing team that helps the world become smarter and more connected. We’re the leader in our industry, achieving double-digit growth by helping clients make the right decisions with business and technology insights they can’t find anywhere else. Our associates enjoy a collaborative work environment, exceptional training and career development — as well as unlimited growth potential. If you like working with a generous, supportive, high-performing team, Gartner is where you want to be.
Financial Analyst Systems
When you join Gartner, you’ll be part of a fast-growing team that helps the world become smarter and more connected. We’re the leader in our industry, achieving double-digit growth by helping clients make the right decisions with business and technology insights they can’t find anywhere else. Our associates enjoy a collaborative work environment, exceptional training and career development — as well as unlimited growth potential. If you like working with a generous, supportive, high-performing team, Gartner is where you want to be.
About this role:
The primary objective of the Financial Systems Analyst is to support globally based users of various financial applications. Use knowledge of the systems and analytical skills to resolve user issues and questions.
What you’ll do:
- Responsible for the maintenance and support of users of our financial applications within the Oracle or other applications as necessary.
- Facilitating management and financial reporting.
- Supports all global users of procurement and expense reports by addressing questions and resolving issues.
- Effective use of creative, analytical skills to identify & address problems, trouble-shoot & resolve issues or investigate system improvements in an efficient manner.
- Reports and clearly explains to IT any issues that cannot be resolved by the financial systems team.
- Load external interface files in to the general ledger
- Data entry in Oracle as necessary
- Complete special projects and other responsibilities as assigned
- Supporting monthly, quarterly and year end activities
- Serve as backup for a variety of duties/functions for other team members
What you’ll need:
- 1-2 years accounting/information technology related experience
- Certifications gained for various applications within Oracle EPM
- Experience in any role that required(s) working between a business unit and IT and facilitating communications
- Tremendous passion and interest in technology that translates into high business acumen
- Highly organized with great time management skills; Able to effectively reprioritize in order to support the business; Act with a sense of urgency
- Strong customer service mindset and talent for anticipating customer needs
- Apply accounting principles and techniques to ensure data integrity and audit trails are maintained
- Gartner, Inc. (NYSE: IT) is the world’s leading research and advisory company. The company helps business leaders across all major functions in every industry and enterprise size with the objective insights they need to make the right decisions. Gartner’s comprehensive suite of services delivers strategic advice and proven best practices to help clients succeed in their mission-critical priorities. Gartner is headquartered in Stamford, Connecticut, USA, and has more than 13,000 associates serving clients in 11,000 enterprises in 100 countries. For more information, visit gartner.com.
Job Requisition ID:28877
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link: https://jobs.gartner.com/applicant-privacy-policy
For efficient navigation through the application, please only use the back button within the application, not the back arrow within your browser.
Job ID 28877
Meet Some of Gartner's Employees
Client Partner Area Manager
Joe and his team of six work to understand the mission-critical priorities of Gartner clients and align company resources to help achieve goals and deliver excellent customer service experiences.
Back to top