Gartner, Inc. (NYSE: IT) is the world's leading information technology research and advisory company. We deliver the technology-related insight necessary for our clients to make the right decisions, every day. From CIOs and senior IT leaders in corporations and government agencies, to business leaders in high-tech and telecom enterprises and professional services firms, to technology investors, we are the valuable partner to clients in approximately 10,000 distinct enterprises worldwide. Through the resources of Gartner Research, Gartner Executive Programs, Gartner Consulting and Gartner Events, we work with every client to research, analyze and interpret the business of IT within the context of their individual role. Founded in 1979, Gartner is headquartered in Stamford, Connecticut, USA, and has 7,600 associates, including more than 1,600 research analysts and consultants, and clients in 90 countries.
As a Senior Financial Analyst, you will be a business partner in this exciting, world class organization and support Gartner's continued growth and success. This position will perform a key role in providing financial business analysis, decision support and thought leadership. This includes developing financial forecasts and analyses, generating internal management reports, monitoring key performance indicators and driving the scaling and automation of financial processes. We are looking for ambitious individuals with outstanding, proven analytical capabilities and intellectual curiosity who enjoy partnering with business leaders to grasp large complex financial data and develop clear business solutions. You are a well-rounded, problem solver with the ability to drive results in a high-energy growth environment.
• Lead and/or support the periodic reporting, forecasting and budgeting processes for short term and long term business planning
• Ensure timely and accurate analysis of key variances in monthly and quarterly KPIs
• Engage in ad-hoc analyses and other special projects to understand business performance
• Identify ways to streamline internal financial processes and reduce the time burden for internal employees
Required Skills and Qualifications
• At least 5 years of corporate experience in accounting, reporting or financial planning and analysis capacity strongly preferred
• Superior financial modeling and data analysis skills using Microsoft Excel or Access
Working knowledge of Hyperion Enterprise/Planning or other OLAP tools a plus (e.g. Oracle/Essbase, TM1/Cognos)
• Effective communication, presentation and influencing skills in a matrixed organization
Highly organized and able to handle simultaneous projects, gathering and processing data from multiple sources
• Ability to extrapolate linkages between large amounts of financial and operational data, generate insights and distill complex concepts into actionable information
• Able to work independently and within a team structure to consistently deliver flawless work solutions within aggressive (and changing) time constraints
• Bachelor's degree with strong academic performance required. Major in Accounting, Finance or Economics preferred
• Master’s degree preferred
Job ID 00020635
Meet Some of Gartner's Employees
Regional Vice President, Sales
Erin oversees more than $40 million of business for Gartner while guiding and supporting five separate teams of account executives throughout the greater New York City territory.
Back to top