Finance Manager, Stamford
Finance Manager, Stamford
When you join Gartner, you’ll be part of a fast-growing team that helps the world become smarter and more connected. We’re the leader in our industry, achieving double-digit growth by helping clients make the right decisions with business and technology insights they can’t find anywhere else. Our associates enjoy a collaborative work environment, exceptional training and career development — as well as unlimited growth potential. If you like working with a generous, supportive, high-performing team, Gartner is where you want to be.
What you’ll do:
Reporting to the Senior Director, provide financial planning and analysis support for the Digital Markets business.
- Collaborate with Digital Markets businesses to ensure reporting and analytics are provided in an accurate and timely manner.
- Provide superior analytical and business support to Digital Markets executive leadership, generating insight and analysis to support investments in targeted market sectors
- Participate, and take ownership of portions of, annual budget and quarterly forecast processes.
- Identify areas of risk and opportunities to enhance business models.
- Provide analysis to the CFO for the quarterly earnings release.
- Participate in defining requirements and driving the implementation of an IT system to track operating metrics
- Provide ad hoc support to enable long range planning to become a continuous activity
What you’ll need:
- Bachelor's Degree with a concentration in Business, Finance, Accounting, or Economics required
- Advanced degree or certification desired
- Strong working knowledge of financial reporting and planning systems, specifically including Oracle, Hyperion Essbase, and RMS
- 6-10 years of experience in a financial reporting and analysis or financial operations capacity
- Working knowledge of business operations
- Excellent communication skills
- Independent thinking and complex problem solving and modeling skill
- Incumbent must have strong interpersonal and analytical skills with the ability to summarize and present meaningful financial data.
- Must be able to work in a dynamic environment while adapting to changing priorities.
- Expert in dealing with financial systems
Who you are:
- Motivated, high-potential performer, with demonstrated ability to influence and lead Strong communicator with excellent interpersonal skills Able to solve complex problems and successfully manage ambiguity and unexpected change Teachable and embracing of best practices and feedback as a means of continuous improvement Consistently high achiever marked by perseverance, humility and a positive outlook in the face of challenges
What we offer:
In addition to an outstanding work environment with rapid advancement potential, Gartner associates enjoy exceptional compensation and benefits, including:
- An upbeat, positive culture. Integrity, objectivity, collaboration, results and a no-limits mindset are central to our values Limitless growth. We work with you to help you meet your goals and advance within the company Encouragement to be innovative and challenge status quo Exposure to industry leading training and development Performance based recognition and rewards
Meet Some of Gartner's Employees
Vice President, Research
Jenny is the go-to girl for any information pertaining to what technology applications clients can use to support social media connections with customers around the world.
Back to top