Executive Partner-South Region
What makes Gartner a GREAT fit for you? When you join Gartner, you’ll be part of a fast-growing team that helps the world become smarter and more connected. We’re the leader in our industry, achieving double-digit growth by helping clients make the right decisions with business and technology insights they can’t find anywhere else. Our associates enjoy a collaborative work environment, exceptional training and career development — as well as unlimited growth potential. If you like working with a generous, supportive, high-performing team, Gartner is where you want to be.
Gartner Executive Programs is an exclusive, membership-based organization serving more than 5,000 CIOs and senior IT leaders worldwide. Members benefit from the convenience of a single source of knowledge and insight focused on CIO-level challenges, serviced elivery in their context, the shared knowledge of the world's largest community of CIOs, and the assurance of Gartner objectivity and independence. Gartner s Executive Partners act as coaches, content-providers and business advisors to Executive Programs members, and partner with colleagues across the organization to deliver service solutions utilizing Gartner products and services.
An Executive Partner s major responsibilities are:
- Manage a portfolio of 25-30 member relationships
- Leverage subject matter expertise to create servicesolutions for ExP members utilizing all EXP products
- Define and deliver innovative solutions by assessingmember Mission Critical Priorities (MCPs) and developing a customizedservice plan
- Conduct on-site briefings
- Build a strong partnership with Gartner s Salesorganization and collaborate with them to ensure member engagement andrenewal of ExP business
Our most successfulExecutive Partners have the ability to adopt best practices, follow established processes, and embrace feedback with a mindset of continuous improvement. Gartner Executive Partners have natural curiosity and share their knowledge and expertise with Executive Programs members. They understand their members mission critical priorities and build trust by delivering value and leveraging key internal partnerships to drive results.
In addition, successful candidates will have the following:
- At least 5 years prior experience as an IT Executive orIT Consulting Executive
- An in-depth understanding of the IT industry and therole of the CIO (including Leadership, IT Operations Management, strategyand trends, use of metrics, etc.).
- An in-depth understanding of the business value of ITand the alignment of Business and IT strategies
- Critical thinking and problem solving skills
- High tolerance and an ability to lead and manageambiguous situations
- Excellent relationship building and collaborationskills, including experience working with CXO level executives
- Superior verbal, written, facilitation and presentationskills (Executive Presence)
- Proven ability to manage multiple priorities
- State and Local Government experience OR;
- Energy/ Renewables
Subject Matter Expertise
The Executive Partner must be a senior business executive and have demonstrated topic knowledge in developing and delivering overall IT strategy, execution and performance improvement. The EP will be an accomplished CIO, with a broad base of expertise who has operated at a senior leadership level and driven change at all levels.
- A university graduate(Masters preferred) with 10+ years experience working as a CIO or in a senior management role in an IT capacity; or 5+ years in the capacity with 5+ years in another IT role (e.g. consulting, IT supplier, etc.).
- An in-depth understanding of the IT industry and the role of the CIO (including leadership, operations management, strategy and trends, use of metrics, etc.)
- In depth understanding of the business value of IT and the alignment of business and IT strategies
- Critical thinking and problem solving skills to assess member situations and provide actionable, outcome-based business/technical advice, and the ability to leverage appropriate (Gartner and other) resources to help clients achieve business results
- Ability to lead and manage ambiguous situations
- Excellent relationship management skills, including experience working with C level executives
- Superior verbal and written communication skills and strong facilitation and presentation skills
- Collaboration and team leadership
- Sales and / or business development experience or ability with CXO level executives
- Strong time/project management skills
Job Requisition ID:G7280
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link: https://jobs.gartner.com/applicant-privacy-policy
For efficient navigation through the application, please only use the back button within the application, not the back arrow within your browser.
Job ID G7280
Back to top