Executive Partner- Gartner Investment Business Leaders Programs
Executive Partner- Gartner Investment Business Leaders Programs
Gartner, Inc. (NYSE: IT) is the world’s leading information technology research and advisory company. We deliver the technology-related insight necessary for our clients to make the right decisions, every day. We work with every client to research, analyze and interpret the business of IT within the context of their individual role. Founded in 1979, Gartner is headquartered in Stamford, Connecticut, U.S.A – Visit gartner.com to learn more.
What makes Gartner a GREAT fit for you?
When you join Gartner Investment Business Leaders Programs, you’ll advance your career and be on track for outstanding achievement with a company that knows no limits. We’re the leader in our industry, consistently achieving double-digit growth by helping clients make the right decisions with business and technology insights they can’t find anywhere else. Gartner Investment Business Leaders Programs Executive Partners serve as trusted advisors to our members (clients), who are highly visible senior executives in the investment industry. Our Associates enjoy a collaborative work environment, exceptional career development, the unique opportunity to make a significant difference in many client organizations simultaneously, as well as unlimited growth potential. If you like working with a generous, supportive, high-performing team, Gartner is where you want to be.
About this role:
With the support of their Gartner Investment Business Leaders Programs Executive Partner, our clients are able to make critical decisions more quickly, more cost effectively and more confidently.
What you’ll do:
- Manage a portfolio of 15-25 client relationships Managing Director/Partner level of Private Equity and Venture Capital firms.
- In collaboration with Gartner Account teams, assist in support of business development, including account strategy development, presentations and expanding the business.
- Work with senior executive clients on idea and thesis validation and value creation.
- Outline client mission critical priorities (MCPs) in a time-based delivery in a logical sequence, leveraging Gartner’s extensive resources to accelerate the client’s decision-making and reduce risk.
- Use clients’ MCPs to build an engagement plan that will drive and orchestrate interactions with Gartner analysts and resources to most effectively help clients achieve their.
- Support, and challenge where appropriate, our clients to consider and address a full gamut of technology business issues.
- Leverage your strong management consulting background to assess and challenge member needs and develop a customized value plan.
- Define, moderate and enable delivery of strategy sessions, delivered by Gartner IT subject-matter experts for clients in support of key initiatives
- Participate in all phases of the member lifecycle: pre-sale, on-boarding, relationship management, delivery, review, and service renewal.
- Be responsible for retention of your client portfolio and for contributing toward growth in the region through direct support of Gartner Sales in prospect cultivation, account plan development, and value demonstration activities.
- Host and/or participate in periodic member activities where appropriate, such as, Executive team meetings, research analyst visits, roundtables and webinars (in collaboration with Gartner Research).
What you’ll need:
- A university graduate (Masters preferred) with 15+ years of experience working in Senior management roles
- Series 7 license preferred
- Successful experience in roles such as Management Consultant, Consulting Partner, Chief Technology Officer (CTO), Chief Innovation Officer, Product Leader serving High Tech
- Entrepreneurial Drive
- In-depth understanding of private equity, venture capital and institutional investing
- In-depth understanding of the IT industry and Technology
- Experience with strategy development, organizational design, initiative management, application of metrics and understanding of major industry trends
- Critical thinking and problem solving to assess client situations and enable actionable outcome based subject matter experts’ business/technical advice
- High tolerance / evolved ability to lead and manage ambiguous situations
- Excellent relationship management skills including experience working with senior investment leaders
- Collaboration and team leadership
- Strong time and client portfolio management skills
- Travel 25% and upwards
- Ability work with minimal administrative support
Subject Matter Expertise:
The successful candidate will have had successful experience in senior roles within consulting or customer-facing positions. Candidates should have very strong business acumen and executive presence while also possessing experience and expertise with modern technology, business leadership, and innovation key initiatives and methods, including:
- Ability to synthesize and effectively and communicate information for senior executives
- Innovation Leadership/Management, including technology tracking, scenario planning, horizon scanning, innovation frameworks, business & reverse innovation
- Emerging Trends, including Business, Social and Technology trends and creative application of them to create business advantage, Industry Impacts, breadth of application and non-adoption risk, Product development life cycle, Verticals and market segments characteristics
- Digital Business Transformation, including Strategic Planning, strategy, and roadmap
Who you are:
- Critical thinker and problem solver demonstrating the ability to assess our clients’ needs and enable actionable, outcome-based business/technical advice by leveraging appropriate resources to help members achieve results
- You have excellent relationship management, including experience working with investment executives
- Ability to build strategic internal partnerships with key roles across the organization and positively impact change
- Ability to work effectively with people at all levels in an organization
- This role is a client-facing position that requires a high level of executive presence and ability build trust and deliver value.
- Superior verbal and written communication skills as well as strong facilitation and presentation skills.
Job ID 00019944
Meet Some of Gartner's Employees
Regional Vice President, Sales
Erin oversees more than $40 million of business for Gartner while guiding and supporting five separate teams of account executives throughout the greater New York City territory.
Back to top