Gartner Executive Programs is an exclusive, membership-based organization serving more than 5,000 CIOs and senior IT leaders worldwide. Members benefit from the convenience of a single source of knowledge and insight focused on CIO-level challenges, service delivery in their context, the shared knowledge of the world's largest community of CIOs, and the assurance of Gartner objectivity and independence. Gartner’s Executive Partners act as coaches, content-providers and business advisors to Executive Programs members, and partner with colleagues across the organization to deliver service solutions utilizing Gartner products and services.
An Executive Partner’s major responsibilities are:
- Manage a portfolio of 20 - 25 member relationships
- Leverage subject matter expertise to create service solutions for ExP members utilizing all EXP products
- Define and deliver innovative solutions by assessing member Mission Critical Priorities (MCPs) and developing a customized service plan
- Conduct on-site briefings
- Build a strong partnership with Gartner’s Sales organization and collaborate with them to ensure member engagement and renewal of ExP business
Our most successful Executive Partners have the ability to adopt best practices, follow established processes, and embrace feedback with a mindset of continuous improvement. Gartner Executive Partners have natural curiosity and share their knowledge and expertise with Executive Programs members. They understand their members’ mission critical priorities and build trust by delivering value and leveraging key internal partnerships to drive results.
In addition, successful candidates will have the following:
- At least 5 years prior experience as an IT Executive or IT Consulting Executive
- An in-depth understanding of the IT industry and the role of the CIO (including Leadership, IT Operations Management, strategy and trends, use of metrics, etc.).
- An in-depth understanding of the business value of IT and the alignment of Business and IT strategies
- Critical thinking and problem solving skills
- High tolerance and an ability to lead and manage ambiguous situations
- Excellent relationship building and collaboration skills, including experience working with CXO level executives
- Superior verbal, written, facilitation and presentation skills (Executive Presence)
- Proven ability to manage multiple priorities
Meet Some of Gartner's Employees
Vice President, Research
Jenny is the go-to girl for any information pertaining to what technology applications clients can use to support social media connections with customers around the world.
Back to top