Executive Level Consultant in Infrastructure and Operations (GE)
What makes Gartner a GREAT fit for you? When you join Gartner, you’ll be part of a fast-growing team that helps the world become smarter and more connected. We’re the leader in our industry, achieving double-digit growth by helping clients make the right decisions with business and technology insights they can’t find anywhere else. Our associates enjoy a collaborative work environment, exceptional training and career development — as well as unlimited growth potential. If you like working with a generous, supportive, high-performing team, Gartner is where you want to be.
The Leadership Partner IT Infrastructure & Operations is responsible for the management and delivery of a high-touch portfolio of services targeted to senior enterprise IT leaders. The role is one of mentor, content-provider and business advisor for member enterprise IT leaders. The LP must be a proficient coach for senior IT leaders (direct reports of CIO), so needs a strong practical background in infrastructure and operations.
- Manage at least 35 - 40 multi-faceted relationships with Gartner's largest, most sophisticated clients.
- Establish and maintain working relationships with various internal groups to create a comprehensive, well designed, sustainable set of key deliverables (including targeted research, personal coaching sessions, scripted analyst sessions, involvement with appropriate events
- Leverage subject matter expertise to create service solutions for EITL members and multi-member accounts utilizing all EUP products.
- Define and deliver innovative solutions by assessing member needs and developing a customized value plan in accordance with overall EITL strategy and EITL product deliverables.
- Define and conduct on-site briefings for clients at client location in support of client key initiatives.
- Utilize subject matter expertise to develop synthesized answers to members in response to inquiries
- Direct and facilitate bi-annual member peer group meetings on topics of relevance to the community.
- Deliver bi-monthly webinars to community members on topics of relevance; including both analysts and peer experts
- Foster collaborative relationship with research and other key Gartner contacts.
- Contribute to the continuing development of EITL programs through field experience and member interactions.
- Accountable (with Executive Client Managers, Account Executives and CRO) for member satisfaction and renewal of EITL business.
- Drive business development, along with AEs, with existing and prospective clients across the continent.
CONTENT DEVELOPMENT & MANAGEMENT
- Represents Gartner/EUP/Enterprise IT Leaders publicly as a respected content expert
- Participate in presentations, panels and workshops at Gartner Events
- Participate in relevant research communities to keep topic area knowledge current and share client experiences with analysts
- Maintain topic hierarchy and organization of program related content on EITL peer community portal.
- Facilitate member interaction and collaboration through the EITL community portal and assisted member connections
- Facilitate and participate in local events and round tables.
- University graduate (Masters preferred) with a 10+ years experience working in a senior IT management role for 5+ years or with 5+ years in other IT area (e.g. Consulting, IT Supplier, etc.)
- In-depth understanding of the IT industry and the role of Sr. IT leadership in Infrastructure & Operations Management. Experience with strategy development, organization design, initiative management, application of metrics and understanding of major industry trends.
- In depth understanding of the business value of IT and the alignment of Business and IT strategies
- Critical thinking and problem solving to assess client situation and provide actionable outcome based business/technical advice and access to appropriate Gartner resources to support achievement of business results
- High tolerance / evolved ability to lead and manage ambiguous situations
- Excellent relationship skills including experience working with Sr. IT Leadership
- Superior verbal, written, facilitation and presentation skills
- Experience coaching and mentoring senior level leaders
- Collaboration and team leadership.
- Demonstrable sales and/or business development experience with Sr. IT Leadership
- Strong time and project management skills
- Travel 25% and upwards
Job Requisition ID:G16565
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link: https://jobs.gartner.com/applicant-privacy-policy
For efficient navigation through the application, please only use the back button within the application, not the back arrow within your browser.
Job ID G16565
Back to top