Executive Advisor (AI/ML/Data Science) – Sr Director
What makes Gartner Research & Advisory a GREAT fit for you? When you join Gartner, you’ll be part of a leading-edge team that values expert insights, bold ideas and intellectual courage. You’ll deliver must-have research through compelling client interactions, and contribute to our double-digit growth by providing clients the unbiased insight and advice they need to make the right decisions every day. Through constant learning, discovery and collaboration, you’ll help clients deliver on their mission-critical priorities, grow your career and increase your industry impact. We value hard workers — and reward you with unlimited opportunity. If you’re looking to explore what’s next in technology and business, Gartner is looking for you.
Brief Posting Description
Advisors bring Gartner's research, best practices, and tools to life across a broad range of world leading clients. It's the job of an Advisor to increase client engagement and ensure each client is fully leveraging Gartner's resources. They do that by asking insightful questions to diagnose the root causes of client challenges and advise on the best course of action. They might also suggest a different course of action the client hadn't considered or talk them through a best practice from a different industry that could work within their business. They are responsible for interfacing almost continuously with C-level and other senior executives to foster deep, broad relationships. Finally, they support the Sales organization in new client sales and client retention.
- Required Coverage Area: China
- Expertise in:
- Business and application development implications of AI
- AI, ML and DS vendor comparisons including cloud-based services
- AI/ML model development, management and deployment
- Apply expansive knowledge of Gartner research to help resolve high-value business problems for clients (Data and Analytics Leaders).
- Shape the direction of ongoing research and product creation projects; participates in and provides feedback during checkpoint meetings and other stages of the strategic research process.
- Leads sessions at Gartner’s multi-client events, creating scripts and discussion plans for events.
- Applicable experience in related industry discipline and knowledge of a particular market, industry or role; deep understanding of both technology and industry to include the market, vendors, products and user strategies in specific areas.
- Ability and willingness to cover the specified areas as well as applicable adjacent areas, while maintaining a view across a broad spectrum of the market.
- Supports Sales and Service Delivery partners to drive account growth and retention as well as client demand for Gartner’s research.
- Bachelor's degree, MBA preferred
- 15+ years in IT consulting and practicing
- Strong C-relevance and executive presence. Experience in advising C-level business executives in multi-client and one-on-one setting preferred
- Strong communication skills both in English and Chinese; ability to explain complex ideas effectively.
- Excellent collaboration and people skills
- Proficient in distilling data or information to identify key findings
- Superior communication skills and a high level of executive presence
- Ability to analyze and solve problems independently
- Ability to effectively navigate a highly matrixed environment
- Ability to engage senior-level executives by building relationships, establishing credibility, conducting substantive content discussions, diagnosing needs, solving problems, and identifying relevant resources
- Willingness and ability to travel up to 40%
- Intellectual agility
Job Requisition ID:37446
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link: https://jobs.gartner.com/applicant-privacy-policy
For efficient navigation through the application, please only use the back button within the application, not the back arrow within your browser.
Back to top