Event Planner - Global Exhibitor Operations
We are currently seeking candidates interested in the position of Event Planner, Global Exhibitor Products & Services. The candidate will be responsible to plan and execute four to six conferences in the Sales, Marketing, Human Resources and Supply Chain space. The ideal candidate is results-oriented with a keen eye for detail and able to produce flawless work in a fast paced, deadline driven environment. Strong communication skills and service ethic are essential.
- Manage fulfillment of all exhibitor contracts for 100+ exhibitors annually.
- Clear understanding of client exhibitor packages; acting as a trusted advisor/main point of contact throughout the complete event cycle to assure best use of exhibitor deliverables.
- Cultivate and expand existing business relationships with exhibitors through frequent communications and a knowledge of client organization’s objectives.
- Assist in maintaining and expanding client relationships through onboarding, pre-event training calls, regular outreach, onsite delivery and post-event follow up.
- Ability to receive, interpret and react to client requests in a customer focused manner that delivers exceedingly high value.
- Constant evaluation of the client experience allowing for improved processes and actions.
- Partner with Event Sales Organization to drive account retention; joining the team on client calls and visits as needed.
- Provide effective data analysis to help the Event Sales Organization sell exhibitor packages for future events.
- Responsible for production and management of all exhibitor planning tools.
- Develop and maintain inventory management as it relates to the exhibit showfloor, sessions and exhibitor opportunities; creating new opportunities when applicable.
- Liaise with key event partners and team members to ensure smooth event execution; building and maintaining good relationships by working closely with them on day to day basis.
- Responsibility for developing the exhibit showfloor plan in conjunction with event logistics and sales teams.
- Accurately manage event budgets with direct responsibility for certain areas, producing accurate monthly forecasts and managing costs effectively.
- Assist in sourcing event partners for additional services, negotiating costs and managing orders.
- Attend event site visits to source exhibitor opportunities, ensure good event flow and be a voice for the exhibitor experience.
- Collaborate effectively with Global Exhibitor Products and Services Team.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher
- Minimum 5-7 years professional work experience in event management, experiential marketing, and/or tradeshow management
- Project management experience on detailed programs with multiple variables and dependencies
- Strong interpersonal and relationship building skills especially with senior level professionals, cross-functionally and with agency partners
- Excellent written/oral communication and presentations skills
- Effective problem solving, time management and organization skills
- Motivated team player that’s eager to learn and grow
- Passionate approach/methodology to deliver results
- Ability to thrive in high pressure situations
Job ID 00020234
Meet Some of Gartner's Employees
Regional Vice President, Sales
Erin oversees more than $40 million of business for Gartner while guiding and supporting five separate teams of account executives throughout the greater New York City territory.
Back to top