Event Manager - Content Team
What makes Gartner Conferences a GREAT fit for you? When you join Gartner, you'll be a part of a team that serves more than 75,000 business and technology leaders at 75+ global conferences each year. You’ll work with curious, motivated people, have unlimited growth opportunities, and learn about the latest in technology and business. Our Conferences team is growing in double digits and is positioned to exceed that growth in 2019 and beyond. If you enjoy challenging yourself, connecting with people and pushing the limits of your career, Gartner is the place for you.
Event Manager- Content Team
Conference Managers, Marketing Managers, One on One Conference Manager
To support and manage a team of up to 3 Content Conference Planners to ensure content delivery to our IT Summit conferences in this region, also working as part of the global content team creating exceptional customer experiences for attendees, sponsors and associates attending conferences.
- Manage and support a team of content conference planners in this region
- Flawless delivery of regional summit conferences while working as part of the global content team
- Communication and collaboration across conference teams to ensure seamless delivery of first class conferences
- Effective project management including development of and leading the team to adhere to timelines and templates
- Develop and implement standard operating procedures in line with the global standards
- Be a key member of the global conference content team – build effective relationships with peers in all regions, take and share best practices to continuously raise the level of our conferences across the world
- Work closely with program management and conference management in developing a client-focused agenda, develop and roll out new processes for session management and agenda guidelines
- Ensure Global consistency in all agendas. Participate in Program Management meeting to ensure best practices are shared and followed.
- Understand the strategies within Gartner associated to conferences and translate these into live conference experiences
- Manage staffing for the content team for Summits to ensure we have enough staff to provide the best customer experience.
- Encourage attendee feedback and ensure this is made available to the wider team
- Measure content results across the business in order to ensure client feedback is the highest priority in enhancements
- Work with the team to identify, track and process conference navigator enhancements and work with the conference technology team on improvements and testing
- Partner with the content and logistics team on capacity management and projection models
- Evaluate new trends and processes within the business
- Respond to client questions and problems as necessary both pre-conference and onsite
- Ensure the team adheres to Gartner travel and expense management best practices
- Flawless client experience with high client satisfaction scores and strong client retention
- Build and maintain excellent working relationships
- Leadership of content team in this region
- Engagement and effective management of suppliers
- Exceptional operational efficiency
- Global conference program management team
- Global conference logistics team
- Global Exhibitor Products and Services team
- Third party conference partners
Bachelors degree with focus on events and/or marketing preferred
- 6+ years of business meeting planning experience
- 3+ years management experience
- Proven budget management abilities and project management experience
Key Competencies/ Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Must be self-motivated, articulate, and creative and possess excellent verbal and written communications skills. Effective collaboration with colleagues around the world.
- Effective at building relationships with internal and external clients.
- Excellent organisational skills and an ability to work well under pressure and meet deadlines. Ability to travel.
- Ability to multi-task and work in a quick changing environment and be flexible
- Understanding and appreciation of technology
- Solution oriented with a high sense of urgency
Job Requisition ID:36858
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link: https://jobs.gartner.com/applicant-privacy-policy
For efficient navigation through the application, please only use the back button within the application, not the back arrow within your browser.
Back to top