Enterprise Programme and Portfolio Management Thought Leader, Gartner Research
What makes Gartner Research a GREAT fit for you? When you join Gartner Research, you’ll be part of a leading-edge team that values expert insights, bold ideas and intellectual courage. You’ll deliver must-have research through compelling client interactions, and contribute to our double-digit growth by providing our clients worldwide the unbiased insight they need to make the right decisions on their key initiatives. Through constant learning, discovery and collaboration you’ll not only help clients deliver on the promise of digital, you’ll grow your career and the scope of your impact across industries. Our culture demands hard work — and rewards it with exceptional opportunity. If you’re always looking for what’s next in technology, Gartner is looking for you.
TITLE: Enterprise Program and Portfolio Management (PPM) – Thought Leader
DEPARTMENT: Research: IT Leaders / Program and Portfolio Management
Gartner, Inc. (NYSE: IT) is the world’s leading information technology research and advisory company. We deliver the technology-related insight necessary for our clients to make the right decisions, every day. From CIOs and senior IT leaders in corporations and government agencies, to business leaders in high-tech and telecom enterprises and professional services firms, to technology investors, we are the valuable partner to 9,100 distinct enterprises worldwide. Through the resources of Gartner Research, Gartner Consulting and Gartner Events, we work with every client to research, analyze and interpret the business of IT within the context of their individual role. Founded in 1979, Gartner is headquartered in Stamford, Connecticut, U.S.A., and has 6,600 associates, including over a thousand research analysts, serving clients in 85 countries.
Gartner is seeking a candidate who will work within the PPM research domain which includes: program, product, change and portfolio management, PMOs/EPMOs, and the software and services that support them. The ideal candidate produces client satisfaction at the highest levels whether in written research, client interactions or formal presentations. They are also expected to be open and giving in peer collaboration and team based settings.
The candidate must be able to execute the complete research process involved in producing our written deliverables compliant with our methodologies. This includes proposing and maintaining an evolving body of research ideas for consideration, using primary/secondary internal and external research sources, and building the research and analysis as part of a team effort. The body of written research in the PPM domain will focus on providing insight, thought-leading predictions, and actionable advice to Gartner clients. The candidate must possess outstanding writing skills; demonstrated both individually and in collaboration with others. An ability to write with clarity, and simplicity; driving home actionable advice points that add value to Gartner clients.
The candidate must be able to quickly deliver specific value and demonstrate a variety of soft skills in providing research findings and expert advice to clients through daily inquiry interactions via audio and video.
Further, the candidate must have a strong public presence and excellent speaking skills; as, they will be expected to present research and advice at a variety of Gartner conferences.
Other considerations include:
- Strong communicator who is able to explain complex concepts both concisely and simply. Excellent public speaking skills and experience.
- Credibility, an ability to rapidly gain trust and respect of others; in order to represent the Gartner research methodology and strategies effectively at a senior level.
- Beyond knowing the facts in the area of expertise, the individual must be adept at research and analysis - seeking out and piecing together fragments of both quantitative and qualitative information, extrapolating, building and applying conceptual models, recognizing patterns and drawing conclusions from partial data. Ability to think abstractly and strategically is a must.
- Strong customer service mentality
- Ability to work in a multi-cultural global team
- Ten to fifteen years work experience and some leadership roles in multiple organizations and industries; bringing a knowledge of operations, strategy, use of technology as adding business value, and the marketplace for more than one industry-vertical segment.
- Must have demonstrated work experience, at the mastery level, in both the theory, and the hands-on maturation and leadership of efforts in all or many of the basic processes of PPM including: PMO evolution, demand management, resource management, and work management
- Demonstrated expertise and leadership in such areas as: agile software delivery, bi-modal methods, DevOps, product management practices and other trends in PPM
- Solid knowledge of software, tools and services used by PPM leaders including individual products, service platforms, and collaboration tools
- Demonstrated ability to research and analyze information and data and draw actionable conclusions
- Propose, define, and conduct ongoing research and analysis in PPM topics, processes, approaches, products and various projected, possible, and future directions and alternatives
- Perform research by working both individually and collaboratively with others – both inside and outside Gartner. Reading a wide range of primary and secondary sources; networking with PPM authors and intellectual leaders, vendors and service providers, and other analysts; evaluating and analyzing information; and participating in community discussions and forums, and other activities which comprise the Gartner research process
- Actively conduct professional, objective, and collegial peer review; providing constructive critique, advice, and suggestions for the research generated by others across the research organization
- Dedicate a substantial portion of each work day to Gartner client inquiry efforts; participating in scheduled live audio / video discussions offering advice, cautions, and validation, providing reviews for client-submitted documents, proposals, and plans
- Create, defend in internal reviews, and publish written research (e. g. Research Notes, etc.) as you have proposed, as defined by the team management, and as agreed in agenda discussions, team manager planning, and in accord with Gartner-defined quantify and quality standards
- Create presentation and event materials, in the form of stand-up offerings, webinars, webcasts, and/or workshops; and deliver these materials to clients / client groups in face-to-face meetings, teleconferences, and as needed for Gartner events and client support
- Provide individualized and/or “tailored” advice and share professional experience and expertise with Gartner clients, which involves face-to-face or audio/visual remote presentations and/or discussions, regarding Gartner research and findings to individual companies and/or by providing advice to clients who are consumers of technology, providers of software tools and applications, and/or providers of various PPM services
Job Requisition ID:G22337
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link: https://jobs.gartner.com/applicant-privacy-policy
For efficient navigation through the application, please only use the back button within the application, not the back arrow within your browser.
Job ID G22337
Meet Some of Gartner's Employees
Client Partner Area Manager
Joe and his team of six work to understand the mission-critical priorities of Gartner clients and align company resources to help achieve goals and deliver excellent customer service experiences.
Back to top