Enterprise Architecture and Tech Innovation Expert, Gartner Research, Flexible Location
The successful candidate will analyze the research domain of enterprise architecture and technology innovation and create and maintain a body of Gartner research and analysis as part of a team effort. The candidate must be able communicate research findings to clients, and must support the sales force in growth and retention of Gartner’s broad offerings. The research in enterprise architecture and technology innovation will focus on providing insight, thought-leading predictions, and actionable advice to Gartner clients. The candidate will focus on written deliverables, verbal interactions, and customer-facing meetings (live or via video/audio) that retain and grow Gartner’s value in enterprise accounts who must consider the candidate’s research and advice to be “Must Have.”
- Must be versed in technology innovation, enterprise architecture and/or digital business transformation concepts and frameworks.
- Must be able to articulate emerging best practices, trends, and concepts that modern technology leaders and business innovators should aspire to.
- Must be able to describe how digital technologies can be accelerated and applied at scale in modern or traditional enterprises to transform core operations and the customer experience.
- Must be up-to-date on the state-of-the-art in technology implementations within enterprises with a focus on digital technologies, trends, and enablers.
- Must be versed in concepts such as digital transformation, business architectures, business outcomes, higher-order technology-based innovation and/or process-centric automation deliverables.
- Must be able to act and interact at the strategic end of a conversation with our clients.
- Must understand business and industry trends and their impact on technology adoption.
- Must have a passion for researching the new and exciting concepts but must temper that passion with a strong view of reality and what is practical versus what is theoretically possible.
- Bachelor's degree in related field; Masters preferred. A proven record of academic achievement is required.
- Significant applicable experience to be knowledgeable about enterprise architecture and technology innovation to be accepted by clients as an expert. The IT knowledge needed typically entails a deep understanding of the technology as well as the industry and the market of IT solutions, vendors, products and user strategies in specific area(s) of industry. Business-side knowledge is also required as enterprise architecture has a strong say in business outcomes and enabling the strategic moves of the enterprise.
- Strong communicator who is able to explain complex concepts both concisely and simply. Public speaking skills and experience are a requirement.
- Credibility to represent Gartner research methodology and strategies effectively at a senior level
- Beyond knowing the facts in the area of expertise, the individual must be adept at analysis - seeking out and piecing together fragments of information, extrapolating, building and applying conceptual models, recognizing patterns and drawing conclusions from partial data. Ability to think abstractly and strategically is a must.
- A proven track record of writing success (commercial and/or noncommercial). Must be able to supply writing samples of sole authorship.
- Able to build and execute a robust research agenda
- High proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- A motivated, creative individual who has the ability to grow research depth and skills.
- Ability to take direction and execute against plans
- Strong work ethos, working both independently and in a team environment.
- Strong project and time management skills and ability to manage multiple priorities.
- Aspiration to constantly learn and improve.
Meet Some of Gartner's Employees
Vice President, Research
Jenny is the go-to girl for any information pertaining to what technology applications clients can use to support social media connections with customers around the world.
Back to top