Engineering Lead, SugarCRM
What makes Gartner a GREAT fit for you? When you join Gartner, you’ll be part of a fast-growing team that helps the world become smarter and more connected. We’re the world’s leading research and advisory company, achieving consistent double-digit growth by steering clients toward the right decisions with business and technology insights they can’t find anywhere else. Our associates enjoy a collaborative work environment, exceptional training and career development — as well as unlimited growth opportunities. If you like working with a curious, supportive, high-performing team, Gartner is the place for you.
About Gartner Digital Markets:
Gartner Digital Markets is a business unit within Gartner. Our mission is to help small businesses make the right technology decisions and find the tools they need to grow, optimize, and become more effective at what they do. The business is comprised of three leading brands—Capterra, Software Advice, and GetApp. For candidates interested in taking their next career step in the technology space, Gartner Digital Markets offers the fast pace and excitement of working for a startup, the stability and resources of a large, established organization, and the opportunity to be on the front lines of innovation in an industry that is always growing and transforming.
About the role:
Gartner Digital Markets is looking for a passionate CRM Engineering Lead for our CRM team located in Gurugram, India.
In this key technical role, you are responsible for delivering complete technical solutions for our SugarCRM instance by leveraging an agile process for requirements gathering, mapping business requirements to technical requirements and ultimately the overall design of the our CRM solution. You will partner with other members of our team (Product Owners and Developers), with product management, engineering, sales and account management to ensure initiative success.
What You Will do:
- Lead solution design and architecture as a key member of the CRM team and be responsible for all technical decisions related to the SugarCRM implementation and integrations
- Effectively communicate design and architecture to stakeholders and team members
- Works closely with Product owners and Business stakeholders in capturing, defining and solutioning requirements
- Balance requirements with designs that will meet user (sales and service) needs but also allows for supportability
- Responsible for implementation effort estimation
- Write code to implement certain complex designs
- Lead and mentor the development team through design and continue to support and provide oversight of technical development effort
- Work with Product Management to consider roadmap functionality as part of the design
- Conduct Proof of Concepts for testing business ideas
- Recommend ways to improve reliability, maintenance, efficiency, and quality
- Help create infrastructure as code in AWS (Terraform) and build CI-CD pipelines to deploy
- Follow SCRUM Agile Development methodology
What You Will Need:
You should be passionate, self-motivated with a proven track record in enterprise CRM technologies and comfortable in the dynamic fast paced environment. You should be organized and analytical, adept at working in a team environment, able to design and implement and able to handle multiple priorities. You should understand how to design a redundant / high availability architecture and how to work with development teams to implement an architecture to match your designs.
- Bachelors or Masters Degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering
- 7+ years of relevant CRM experience of which at least 2 years needs to be in a lead capacity managing teams and as a solution architect influencing application architectures
- Ability to be hands-on but yet comfortable leading technology solutioning effort
- Advanced experience with SugarCRM configurations and custom development
- Experience and comfortable working with global teams using agile SCRUM development process
- Experience architecting complex solutions & integrations involving CRM, middleware, marketing automation, product catalog, etc.
- Experience scaling complex solutions
- Good understanding of container-based architectures (Docker, Kubernetes, etc.)
- Any experience provisioning, configuring and managing cloud infrastructure in AWS is a plus
- Experience with various development tools such as Jira, Git, Bit Bucket, Jenkins CI, PHP Unit, Selenium, Codeception etc.
- Strong presentation and communication skills
Who you are:
- Passionate about technology, self-learner who keeps abreast with latest developments.
- Self-starter, with a demonstrated ability to learn beyond formal training with a strong aptitude for delivering quality products
- A team player who can comfortably work with distributed teams across the globe.
- Attentive to details and well organized.
- Able to solve complex problems and successfully manage ambiguity and unexpected change.
- Coachable and embracing of best practices and feedback as a means of continuous improvement
- Consistently high achiever marked by perseverance, humility and a positive outlook in the face of challenges
What we offer:
In addition to an outstanding work environment with rapid advancement potential, Gartner associates enjoy exceptional compensation and benefits, including:
- An upbeat, positive culture. Integrity, objectivity, collaboration, results and a no-limits mind-set are central to our values.
- Limitless growth. We work with you to help you meet your goals and advance within the company.
- Encouragement to be innovative and challenge status quo.
- Exposure to industry leading training and development.
- Performance-based recognition and rewards
- A chance to make an impact — Your work will contribute directly to our strategy.
Gartner, Inc. (NYSE: IT) is the world’s leading information technology research and advisory company. We deliver the technology-related insight necessary for our clients to make the right decisions, every day. We work with every client to research, analyse and interpret the business of IT within the context of their individual role. Founded in 1979, Gartner is headquartered in Stamford, Connecticut, U.S.A. - Visit www.gartner.com to learn more.
Job Requisition ID:27466
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link: https://jobs.gartner.com/applicant-privacy-policy
For efficient navigation through the application, please only use the back button within the application, not the back arrow within your browser.
Back to top