Emerging Technologies and Trends Analyst, Gartner Research & Advisory
What makes Gartner Research & Advisory a GREAT fit for you? When you join Gartner, you’ll be part of a leading-edge team that values expert insights, bold ideas and intellectual courage. You’ll deliver must-have research through compelling client interactions, and contribute to our double-digit growth by providing clients the unbiased insight and advice they need to make the right decisions every day. Through constant learning, discovery and collaboration, you’ll help clients deliver on their mission-critical priorities, grow your career and increase your industry impact. We value hard workers — and reward you with unlimited opportunity. If you’re looking to explore what’s next in technology and business, Gartner is looking for you.
We're seeking an Analyst to discover and analyze the emerging technologies and trends that will reshape the technology and business landscape over the next three to ten years. We need a highly engaged and energetic professional who is comfortable in a fast-paced, dynamic, start-up type of atmosphere. This Analyst will work with a strong team to take these insights and generate actionable business ideas that will influence how the world’s leading and startup technology companies formulate strategy, build products and services, and bring them to market.
The successful candidate will support the Emerging Technologies and Trends group within Gartner’s Technology and Service Provider practice. The mission of the group is to create a better world by accelerating the pace and impact of tech innovation. We do this by providing technology product leaders with unique, must-have and indispensable advice on how to capitalize on emerging technologies and trends to build more powerful and successful product offerings. We produce deliverables based on findings that have urgent implications for marketing leaders. Gartner's research is often cited in major news outlets including Forbes, Harvard Business Review, The Washington Post, and The Economist, allowing our firm to extend our impact even further.
How You Will Make an Impact at Gartner:
- Develop a deep understanding of how key technology providers are creating and evolving a specific set of emerging technologies and how these technologies will impact businesses, ecosystems, markets and economies.
- Develop a deep understanding of how businesses throughout the world are adopting a specific set of emerging technologies and trends.
- Interview technology providers and users to generate case-based research and seek out the key factors that influence the evolution and adoption of emerging technologies and trends.
- Analyze case-based and other qualitative data to recognize patterns, draw conclusions and formulate positions on how the technologies or trends will or could evolve and impact the business world over time.
- Analyze existing proprietary and audited primary and secondary research data to find patterns and formulate positions.
- Generate charts, tables, and other data visualizations to illustrate findings from qualitative and quantitative data.
- Work with a talented team of analysts to craft clear, insight-driven stories that help technology product leaders make critical business decisions on how to factor emerging technologies and trends into the advancement of their products and services.
- Present the findings, positions and recommendations from your research to clients via telephone and face to face interactions with the potential for stage presentations at Gartner conferences.
- Demonstrate thought leadership by providing guidance and support to colleagues throughout the quantitative and qualitative research process, especially analytic approach and execution, interpretation and synthesis of findings, reporting of findings, development of insights, formation of actionable recommendations, and deliverable creation
- Forge relationships with researchers and analysts within other parts of Gartner to understand their research, leverage their expertise and provide added value to their research.
- Bachelor's degree
- 3+ years of post-undergraduate research experience
- 3+ years of experience in analyzing quantitative and qualitative data to identify relevant findings
- 3+ years of experience conducting primary and secondary research collecting and utilizing qualitative
- Strong analytical and writing skills with experience creating graphical representations of data
- Advanced capabilities with spreadsheet applications and other data analytics tools
- A curiosity and passion for emerging technologies with a keen ability to spot patterns ahead of the curve
- High proficiency in distilling large amounts of qualitative and quantitative data into important insights relevant to technology product leader (CPO, Product Managers, Product Marketers and start-up CEOs).
- Ability to synthesize diverse ideas and multiple data points to tell a compelling story
- The ability to work both independently and as part of a team while meeting deadlines
- A collaborative spirit that welcomes and provides feedback and edits from/to a variety of stakeholders
- 2+ years of project management experience
- Advanced degree in a research relevant are of study or equivalent departmental research experience
- Experience communicating complex data through relevant means to senior leaders
- Experience in a technology or service provider that was pursuing an emerging technology
- Arlington VA, Ft Myers FL, or Dallas, TX base preferred
Job Requisition ID:29868
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link: https://jobs.gartner.com/applicant-privacy-policy
For efficient navigation through the application, please only use the back button within the application, not the back arrow within your browser.
Back to top