Editor, Gartner Research & Advisory
What makes Gartner Research & Advisory a GREAT fit for you? When you join Gartner Research & Advisory, you’ll be part of a leading-edge team that values expert insights, bold ideas and intellectual courage. You’ll deliver must-have research through compelling client interactions, and contribute to our double-digit growth by providing our clients worldwide the unbiased insight they need to make the right decisions on their key initiatives. Through constant learning, discovery and collaboration you’ll not only help clients deliver on their mission critical priorities, you’ll grow your career and the scope of your impact across industries. Our culture demands hard work — and rewards it with exceptional opportunity. If you’re always looking for what’s next in business and technology, Gartner is looking for you.
What makes Gartner Research a GREAT fit for you?
When you join Gartner Research, you ll be part of a leading-edge team that values expert insights, bold ideas and intellectual courage. You ll deliver must-have research through compelling client interactions, and contribute to our double-digit growth by providing our clients worldwide the unbiased insight they need to make the right decisions on their key initiatives. Through constant learning, discovery and collaboration you ll not only help clients deliver on the promise of digital, you ll grow your career and the scope of your impact across industries. Our culture demands hard workand rewards it with exceptional opportunity. If you re always looking for what s next in technology, Gartner is looking for you.
About this role:
Editors provide critical support and service to our Analyst authors by editing reports, research, conference presentations, and other time-sensitive deliverables. They also assist in training analysts in publishing process requirements and editorial style.
What you ll do:
- Edit assigned reports and other documents via direct change in system as well as collaborate with authors, graphics designers and others while driving projects to established deadlines.
- Proactively check and confirm statements, statistics and other material as necessary.
- Shape development of policies, standards and procedures within the Global Editing group and in relation to analysts.
- Establish and implement quality controls throughout the workflow process and liaise with other teams/departments including Research, IT and Graphics to improve workflow process, procedures, and application systems.
- Participate in departmental projects and complete additional projects, as needed.
- Undertake continuous learning and job-related training to maintain editorial quality levels and improve individual skills.
What you ll need:
- Bachelor s degree in English, Journalism or Liberal Arts
- At least three years' editorial experience, preferably working for newspapers, magazines, or journals in the field of IT or communications technology, in a busy environment with strict deadlines.
- Excellent English language skills in editing and writing.
- Ability to manage projects and juggle a diverse workload.
- Well versed in Microsoft Office applications (primarily Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Knowledge of the IT and telecommunications industries helpful.
- Knowledge of Associated Press (AP) style helpful
- Numerate and visually literate as well as quick to understand new concepts.
- Tactful, firm and possessing sound intuition when dealing with authors.
- Process-driven, detail-oriented, and proficient working with business systems
- Superior time management skills
- An upbeat, positive culture. Teamwork, integrity, objectivity, collaboration, and a no-limits mindset are central to our values
- Direct collaboration with Gartner s Research Analyst community
- Professional development and growth opportunities
- Unlimited access to all of Gartner s research content
- Competitive salary, employee stock purchase plan, comprehensive benefits (medical, vision, and dental), charity match, tuition reimbursement, and more!
Gartner, Inc. (NYSE: IT) is the world s leading research and advisory company. The company helps business leaders across all major functions in every industry and enterprise size with the objective insights they need to make the right decisions. Gartner s comprehensive suite of services delivers strategic advice and proven best practices to help clients succeed in their mission-critical priorities. Gartner is headquartered in Stamford, Connecticut, USA, and has more than 13,000 associates serving clients in 11,000 enterprises in 100 countries. For more information, visitjobs.gartner.com.
Job Requisition ID:G21544
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link: https://jobs.gartner.com/applicant-privacy-policy
For efficient navigation through the application, please only use the back button within the application, not the back arrow within your browser.
Job ID G21544
Back to top