Director, Team Manager - Research Talent Lab
What makes Gartner Research & Advisory a GREAT fit for you? When you join Gartner, you’ll be part of a leading-edge team that values expert insights, bold ideas and intellectual courage. You’ll deliver must-have research through compelling client interactions, and contribute to our double-digit growth by providing clients the unbiased insight and advice they need to make the right decisions every day. Through constant learning, discovery and collaboration, you’ll help clients deliver on their mission-critical priorities, grow your career and increase your industry impact. We value hard workers — and reward you with unlimited opportunity. If you’re looking to explore what’s next in technology and business, Gartner is looking for you.
Gartner’s research and advice is considered definitive, thought-provoking, event-driven and transformational. More than 15,000 organizations, including 73% of the Global 500, rely on Gartner insight, advice and tools to achieve their mission critical priorities. Gartner's research is often cited in major news outlets including Forbes, Harvard Business Review, The Washington Post, and The Economist, allowing our firm to extend our impact even further.
Talent Lab is Gartner’s signature program targeted at high potential early-to mid-career research talent that has had tremendous success globally and we’re now expanding to Arlington, VA! This program is designed for rapid skill acquisition and career growth, wherein associates will gain on-the-job experience, education and exposure to Gartner best practices and research methodologies.
We’re seeking a Team Manager to lead a team of 8-12 research associates with direct line responsibility for talent development, stakeholder management, and long term growth of the program.
As a Team Manager, you will:
- Direct and oversee researchers' workload within and across broad topic areas to ensure a balanced workload that meets stakeholder’s expectations and the business’ growth objectives.
- Partner closely with dotted-line stakeholders across service and content team leaders to ensure alignment and consistency across work portfolio.
- Manage execution, drive high performance culture and quality of all research output.
- Rapidly advance the researchers’ competencies and capabilities so that they are on-track to transition into aligned content teams.
- Collaborate with Research VPs and/or Directors to ensure researchers have a detailed research agenda within an assigned topic area.
- Direct collaborative research inside the team and across other teams and business units.
- Ensure team follows Gartner policies, processes and procedures.
- Bachelor's degree in related field; Masters preferred
- 3 plus years’ experience directly managing individual contributors, or proven track record in coaching and mentoring.
- Experience in academic or applied research, including experience analyzing quantitative and qualitative data
- Polished skills in communication, leadership, planning, motivation, and coaching.
- Credibility to represent Gartner research methodology and strategies effectively at a senior level.
- Demonstrates high level of influence, negotiation & facilitation skills.
- Collaboration and consensus building skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- High intercultural awareness
Job Requisition ID:29813
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link: https://jobs.gartner.com/applicant-privacy-policy
For efficient navigation through the application, please only use the back button within the application, not the back arrow within your browser.
See Inside the Office of Gartner
Gartner is known as the world's leading research and advisory company. But what exactly does that mean? Gartner's teams conduct research, then design products and services based on those objective insights to help clients make the right decisions and be successful. The focus is C-suite senior executives and their teams across the enterprise.
Back to top