Director, Strategy & Operations (Gartner Digital Markets)
What makes Gartner a GREAT fit for you? When you join Gartner, you’ll be part of a fast-growing team that helps the world become smarter and more connected. We’re the world’s leading research and advisory company, achieving consistent double-digit growth by steering clients toward the right decisions with business and technology insights they can’t find anywhere else. Our associates enjoy a collaborative work environment, exceptional training and career development — as well as unlimited growth opportunities. If you like working with a curious, supportive, high-performing team, Gartner is the place for you.
Director, Strategy and Operations – Gartner Digital Markets – Stamford, CT
About Gartner Digital Markets:
Gartner Digital Markets is a business unit within Gartner. Our mission is to help small businesses make the right technology decisions and find the tools they need to grow, optimize, and become more effective at what they do. The business is comprised of three leading brands—Capterra, Software Advice, and GetApp. For candidates interested in taking their next career step in the technology space, Gartner Digital Markets offers the fast pace and excitement of working for a startup, the stability and resources of a large, established organization, and the opportunity to be on the front lines of innovation in an industry that is always growing and transforming.
This role will partner with brand and cross-functional teams to lead projects that support the larger business strategy and operations objectives of Gartner Digital Markets founded on a thorough understanding of business unit goals, the competitive landscape, and current and potential future business challenges. The leader will be responsible for supporting and systematizing operational processes and championing the improvements across the teams. In addition, this leader will help develop recommendations for strategic investments and lead pilot proposals.
What You Will do:
- Set the vision for strategic projects across sites and manage the roadmap for development
- Build business cases for strategic initiatives based on Digital market priorities, market trends and competitive dynamics; Get buy-in from the leadership team to implement
- Lead market research and site implementation of pilots to prove out the recommended proposals
- Summarize performance results, identify trends and drivers and communicate actionable recommendations to stakeholders.
- Work with analytics team to support and systematize reporting to Gartner leadership. Deliver objective insights and help create a culture of data-driven decision making, in a timely manner.
- Partner with functional & brand leads to develop and follow up long and short term strategies, drive the strategic decisions process and deliverables
- Standardize, align and governance of business processes to realize the organization’s goals
What You Will Need:
- Bachelors degree in Business or Engineering, and preferably a Masters/MBA
- 10+ years of business and operations experience in technology industry, preferably experience in consulting or corporate strategy
- Strong track record of business planning and successful execution across matrixed organizations
- Ability to define and maintain a product roadmap and prioritization
- Track record of influencing senior leadership on complex issues and initiatives
- Strong experience with project planning
- Experience working with mid- and senior-level executives
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills, as well as excellent organizational, interpersonal, and team skills.
- Strong analytical and business analysis skills required
What We Offer:
- Limitless growth and learning opportunities.
- A collaborative and positive culture — Your team will be as smart and driven as you
- Outstanding compensation — Plus competitive benefits and generous time off
- A chance to make an impact — Your work will contribute directly to our strategy
Job Requisition ID:37380
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link: https://jobs.gartner.com/applicant-privacy-policy
For efficient navigation through the application, please only use the back button within the application, not the back arrow within your browser.
Back to top