Director, Sales Learning Dev
Company Description Gartner, Inc. (NYSE: IT), is the world's leading research and advisory company and a member of the S&P 500. We equip business leaders with indispensable insights, advice and tools to achieve their mission-critical priorities and build the successful organizations of tomorrow.
Our unmatched combination of expert-led, practitioner-sourced and data-driven research steers clients toward the right decisions on the issues that matter most. We're trusted as an objective resource and critical partner by more than 12,000 organizations in more than 100 countries—across all major functions, in every industry and enterprise size.
A critical component of the Global Sales Learning and Development strategy is to lead a high performing team to delivery trainings across new hires, tenured individual contributors and managers. Primary responsibilities include:
- Develop and execute strategy for respective team based on business priorities and region
- Attract and retain top talent within the team by following Gartner’s proven recruitment methodology, with a strong focus on building a pipeline of top-performing associates for potential open positions (both growth roles and as current team members rotate into other positions).
- Build succession plan and career paths for individuals
- Serve as a valued resource that assists in the identification, definition, design and development for the Global Sales & Management curricula (foundational to advanced levels).
- Develop, implement and administer learning and development programs for sales associates that address four audiences: New Hire, Sales Management Team, Account Executive and Sr. Account Executive.
- Plan, develop, delivery and facilitation of all current instructor - led programs, and certification for any future additions to the delivery curriculum.
- Assist in the on-going development and refinement of the sales and manager learning curricula that include:
- Assimilation and on-boarding
- Products & Services
- Selling Skills
- Sales Process
- Business acumen
- Interpersonal Skills
- Management Skills
- Design, deploy or acquire new and innovative training programs for sales organization.
- Participate and Project Manage highly complex training projects such as: the development and delivery of new training curriculum, simulations, and global workshops
- Work with the team to continually gather information, feedback and input from the global sales organization in order to provide insight and ideas to the content curriculum development team.
- Demonstrated ability to lead, mentor, coach and motivate associates
· Requires a successful Gartner Sales Executive (multiple Winners Circles and/or plan overachievement), who possess a high degree of credibility with both sales leaders and peers.
- In-depth knowledge of and experience with the Gartner sales process including, account planning, opportunity planning, managing to the Gartner sales phases and effective pipeline management.
- Extensive knowledge of Gartner products and services, as well as the value proposition of these services.
- Ability to evaluate and present effective solutions for the Sales organization’s development needs
- High level of communication skills (both oral and written) and interpersonal skills in order to effectively interact with all levels of employees on various subject matters and to convey knowledge and ideas in a logical and interesting manner to others
- High level of analytical ability is required in order to find solutions to difficult human, technical and administrative problems
- Requires the successful experience of using ValueSelling/Gartner Sales Process in every day client and internal communications. Candidate will be able to demonstrate their extensive understanding and use of Gartner’s sales process
- Ability to enable our sales teams to grow our business across many product lines through effective and results-focused training.
Job ID 00021031
Meet Some of Gartner's Employees
Regional Vice President, Sales
Erin oversees more than $40 million of business for Gartner while guiding and supporting five separate teams of account executives throughout the greater New York City territory.
Back to top