Director, Research - Finance Practice
What makes Gartner Research & Advisory a GREAT fit for you? When you join Gartner, you’ll be part of a leading-edge team that values expert insights, bold ideas and intellectual courage. You’ll deliver must-have research through compelling client interactions, and contribute to our double-digit growth by providing clients the unbiased insight and advice they need to make the right decisions every day. Through constant learning, discovery and collaboration, you’ll help clients deliver on their mission-critical priorities, grow your career and increase your industry impact. We value hard workers — and reward you with unlimited opportunity. If you’re looking to explore what’s next in technology and business, Gartner is looking for you.
The Research Director works closely with C-level executives and other senior leaders to identify and produce research that solve complex business challenges on a global scale. This includes directing the scope of the research, identifying and executing on product deliverables (e.g. best-practice case studies, issue analysis papers, benchmarking results), and building new content ideas. You will need to exhibit a flexible approach to respond to executives’ needs as they are uncovered and evolve. The Research Director also partners with commercial, and other team members, to drive positive client and business outcomes.
The Research Director will manage research for the Gartner for Finance Leaders, which is a subscription-based membership targeting CFOs and their direct leadership teams. They will uncover best-practice approaches to solve mission-critical priorities and build frameworks and tools to help clients understand and apply insights. Such insights will help them evolve and optimize their organizations through improvements in shared services strategy and structure, talent, performance management and internal customer relationship management.
As a lead on this team, you will:
- Engage executives from Fortune 500 companies to identify their most pressing challenges.
- Lead a Research team through a proprietary research process including hypothesis generation, primary and secondary research, and root cause analysis to identify best-in-class solutions.
- Conduct surveys and phone interviews with executives, academics, and industry experts to discover best practices.
- Lead extensive secondary literature searches and elicit the highest quality insights for use in white papers, exclusive member webinars, and highly visible research studies.
- Present research findings to senior internal managers and member companies.
- Directly lead, develop, and motivate members of the Research team.
- Identify executive needs and develop research and products around them.
- Work across the firm to identify and take advantage of overlapping themes and projects.
- Develop and execute on product plan, including research topics, webinars, diagnostics, and other deliverables.
- Bachelor's degree required
- 10+ years of research experience
- Experience in analyzing quantitative and qualitative data to identify relevant findings
- Experience conducting primary and secondary research utilizing qualitative and quantitative data
- Experience creating graphical representations of data
- At least one-year experience managing projects
- Experience in leading and managing a team of researchers
- Master's or PhD degrees preferred
- Experience within a finance or shared services function preferred
Why You Should Be Interested in a Research Career with Gartner:
- A unique opportunity to explore your intellectual curiosity while working for a global company that is distinguished by the quality of its insights.
- An opportunity to work with and learn from truly exceptional colleagues, in a collaborative, team-based environment.
- Robust training, support, coaching, mentorship, and on-the-job development to achieve career success and advance within the Research Community.
- A work environment characterized by a Spirit of Generosity
Job Requisition ID:38409
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link: https://jobs.gartner.com/applicant-privacy-policy
For efficient navigation through the application, please only use the back button within the application, not the back arrow within your browser.
Back to top