Director, Public Sector IT Strategy Consulting (Atlanta, GA)
Backed with the insight of Gartner research and events, the Gartner Consulting team helps clients in a wide range of industries speed up their agendas and stay ahead of the digital curve. Due to increasing demand, the consulting practice is growing its team in Atlanta, GA.
The Director will help to lead a team responsible for a portfolio of accounts that consist of large-scale organizations. You will lead engagements advising clients at the highest strategic level with big-picture and actionable guidance on how technology enables a wide range of business outcomes.
Responsibilities of the role
Operating at the C-Level, you will assist our clients in successfully managing their technology investments to support their business priorities. As a successful Director, you will:
- Manage all components of medium to large-sized engagements by leveraging appropriate methodologies, staffing and budgets.
- Deep understanding of technology and strategies for identifying the best technology solutions to meet client business and technical objectives.
- Manage the development and delivery of medium and large-sized engagement deliverables;
- Lead sales efforts including development of client proposals and pricing estimates.
- Identify, develop and document issues and strategic recommendations using independent judgment concerning engagement areas being reviewed;
- Leverage Gartner Research, Gartner Consulting IP and methodologies, and prepare written reports and management presentations of analysis and recommendations;
- Conduct detailed analyses to understand and explain client problems and utilize standard consulting management skills such as facilitation, interview, etc.;
- Participate as a member of Gartner teams in the creation of high quality diagnostics and actionable strategic results;
- Actively develop and maintain client relationships at senior levels;
- Maintain a Director level expertise and currency in industry leading information management technologies.
· Consulting experience from a top management or IT professional services firm;
· MBA qualification desirable;
· Significant IT industry understanding and/or experience;
· Experience working with a portfolio of Public Sector clients preferred;
· Demonstrable project management skills and experience;
· Proven track record of supporting sales efforts;
· Business development experience, evidence of developing new service advantageous;
· Strong work ethic and willingness to travel and work in a diverse environment;
· Cross-sector and functional experience highly desirable;
· Expertise with strategic consulting frameworks and financial principles such as budgeting, total cost of ownership and net present value;
· Excellent communication, presentation and facilitation skills (ideally in critical political environments);
· Aptitude for critical and analytical thinking as well as the capacity to accept out-of-the box solutions.
· Autonomous, positive thinker, highly flexible and willing to work independently as well as part of a team;
· Willingness to be based in our Atlanta, GA office and travel as required (potentially several days per week).
· Ability to drive Gartner Consulting value proposition and likely to be skilled in a relevant solution area, including, but not limited to:
o CIO Strategy and IT Strategy;
o Digital Transformation;
o Technology Cost Optimization (including benchmarking);
o Infrastructure & Operational Excellence;
o Enterprise Architecture;
o Best of Breed Working methodologies (Agile, DevOps);
o Security and Risk Management techniques;
o Business Intelligence;
o Insight and Analytics.
After an initial assessment by our Senior Consulting Recruiter, there will be two interviews with the senior stakeholders for this role; either face-to-face or, if not possible, by video conference or telephone call.
The final stage of the selection process is a panel interview at a Gartner office and will involve at least 3 people from the business.
What Gartner Consulting will offer you?
· A world-class consulting environment
· The opportunity to work on cutting edge IT strategy engagements with a tier one client portfolio
· A competitive salary
· Structured bonus based on individual and corporate performance
· Opportunities for promotion with a clear defined career development structure
· Opportunity to participate actively in the development and future of Gartner Consulting
· A dynamic but relaxed and supportive working environment that encourages personal development
Meet Some of Gartner's Employees
Vice President, Research
Jenny is the go-to girl for any information pertaining to what technology applications clients can use to support social media connections with customers around the world.
Back to top