Director, Public Sector IT Strategy Consulting
Backed with the insight of Gartner research and events, the Gartner Consulting team help clients in a wide range of industries speed up their agendas and stay ahead of the digital curve. Due to increasing demand, the consulting practice is growing its team in Stockholm.
The Director will help to lead a team responsible for a portfolio of accounts that consist of multinational, global or large-scale organisations. You will lead engagements advising clients at the highest strategic level with big-picture and tactical guidance on how technology enables a wide range of business outcomes.
Responsibilities of the role
Operating at the C-Level, you will assist our clients in successfully managing their technology investments and define their “Go-to-Market” IT strategies. As a successful Director, you will:
- Manage all components of medium to large-sized proposals and engagements including technical and commercial methodologies, staffing and budgets. Manage the drafting of large-sized engagement proposals and engagement deliverables;
- Identify, develop and document issues and strategic recommendations using independent judgment concerning engagement areas being reviewed;
- Analyze Gartner Research, leverage Gartner Consulting IP and methodologies, and prepare written reports and management presentations of analysis and recommendations;
- Leverage mastered classical standard methodologies such as financial analysis, causal analysis, risk analysis and standard consulting management skills such as facilitation, interview, etc;
- Participate as a member of Gartner teams in the creation of high quality diagnostics and actionable strategic results;
- Actively develop and maintain client relationships at senior levels;
- Maintain a Director level expertise and currency in industry leading information management technologies.
- Consulting experience from a top management or IT professional services firm;
- MBA qualification desirable;
- Significant IT industry understanding;
- Experience working with a portfolio of Public Sector clients;
- Demonstrable project management skills and experience;
- Proven track record of holding and achieving sales targets;
- Business development experience, evidence of developing new service advantageous;
- Strong work ethic and willingness to travel and work in a diverse international environment;
- Cross-sector and functional experience highly desirable;
- Expertise with strategic consulting frameworks and financial principles such as budgeting, asset valuation and net present value;
- Excellent communication, presentation and facilitation skills (ideally in critical political environments);
- Aptitude for critical and analytical thinking as well as the capacity to accept out-of-the box solutions.
- Autonomous, positive thinker, highly flexible and willing to work independently as well as part of a team;
- Willingness to be based in our Stockholm office and travel as required (potentially several days per week).
- Ability to drive Gartner Consulting value proposition and likely to be skilled in a relevant solution area, including, but not limited to:
- CIO Strategy and IT Strategy;
- Digital Transformation;
- Technology Cost Optimization (including benchmarking);
- Infrastructure & Operational Excellence;
- Enterprise Architecture;
- Best of Breed Working methodologies (Agile, DevOps);
- Security and Risk Management techniques;
- Business Intelligence;
- Insight and Analytics.
Meet Some of Gartner's Employees
Vice President, Research
Jenny is the go-to girl for any information pertaining to what technology applications clients can use to support social media connections with customers around the world.
Back to top