Director, People Analytics
- Darien, CT
What makes Gartner HR a GREAT fit for you? When you join Gartner, you’ll join a fast-paced, dynamic team and play a key role in our company’s continued double-digit growth. We’re a people business. From talent acquisition and management to compensation, benefits, analytics and operations, finding and keeping the right people is the core of our strategy for success. You’ll work alongside smart, creative, motivated colleagues and have unlimited opportunities to grow. If you love working with people and making the connection between great talent and company success, we want to connect with you.
Gartner’s core asset is its people. Our people develop insights, share advice, and create experiences that help our clients be more successful. The People Analytics team derives actionable insight from data to recommend and implement better ways of attracting, developing, and retaining our talent so that we can drive higher sales, more productivity, and better client experiences. We drive impact on Gartner’s Mission Critical Priorities by leveraging state of the art technology, analytics, and processes.
Our goal is to increase our analytical capabilities and derive actionable insights into our critical business issues, as well as create a scalable data infrastructure and user friendly reporting environment that can effectively support our growing company. The Director of People Analytics role is responsible to support the design, development, and implementation of our HR analytics and data strategy.
What you'll do:
Lead HR Data project work streams
- Rationalize current analytics inventory and establish future state analytics requirements.
- Help define and lead parts of projects that improve our performance (e.g. Quality of Hire): requirements, discussions, problem solving, analytics, share insights, build solutions, drive change
- Understand key business questions, design analytics, and persuasively communicate findings
- Provide analytics and information to stakeholders to help address their business questions
- Support/prioritize Business Reporting Needs, Leadership Questions, and Ad Hoc Requests
- Create high quality analytics/reports and translate them into value added decisions and actions
- Drive best practices, change management, and analytical understanding across HR and Gartner
Drive HR Analytics and Reporting Strategy
- Support the future state of HR Analytics at Gartner, including the execution of our multi-year roadmap.
- Develop data-driven, compelling business cases to support and prioritize initiatives
- Enhance our capability to analyze and “make sense” of large sets of data and translate findings in a visually appealing manner that tell a story and help us make better data driven decisions
- Engage and collaborate with cross-functional experts across the Gartner business globally.
What you'll need:
- Bachelor’s degree, masters preferred
- 7+ years of working experience. Preferably working in HR analytics, data analytics and visualization, business intelligence, or analytical consulting
- Proven ability to use data, analytics, and business knowledge to solve complex business problems.
- 3+ years of effectively managing a team of Analysts/Managers
- Ability to translate strategic vision into actionable plans and make decisions with incomplete or imperfect information
- Experienced getting to a v0.5 solution, getting real world feedback, and then iterating to v1.0+ with a continuous improvement mindset
- Future forward visionary who can see where we need to be in 3 years, but who can develop a compelling, practical approach to how we get there starting tomorrow
- Ability to effectively engage and influence wide range of leaders (from the Operating Committee to Sales Managers) in the development of solutions for Gartner’s most critical business initiatives
- Excellent verbal/written communication skills and effective presentation skills
- Successful track record of superior service delivery and change management in a global environment
- Advanced Excel skills, ability to understand SQL coding, and hands on experience with one or more BI platforms / visualization tools (PowerBI, etc.)
What we offer:
- A seat to the table to help drive peak performance in a growing, people business.
- Encouragement to be innovative and challenge status quo.
- Exposure to industry leading training and development.
- Performance based recognition and rewards.
Job Requisition ID:35796
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link: https://jobs.gartner.com/applicant-privacy-policy
For efficient navigation through the application, please only use the back button within the application, not the back arrow within your browser.
Back to top