What makes Gartner Events a GREAT fit for you? When you join Gartner Worldwide Events you'll be a part of a team that serves more than 60,000 business and technology leaders, including over 8,000 CIOs, at 65+ events each year. You’ll work with smart people, receive continual investment in your talent and learn about the latest in all things digital. With annual event revenue expected to exceed $300 million, our events team has achieved double-digit growth and is positioned to exceed that growth in 2016 and beyond. If you enjoy challenge, connecting with people and are optimistic about your future, don’t miss this opportunity.
In early 2017 Evanta became part of Gartner. Gartner is the world leader in research and advisory services to companies worldwide. Over the last 33 consecutive quarters Gartner has seen double digit growth. Evanta, based Portland, OR, is excited to gain the experience and exposure as a Gartner company. Evanta s expertise is creating corporate events for Fortune 1000 C-suite Executives across North America. Our model is "by-executives, for-executives", which drives meaningful content, trainings, roundtable discussion, and collaboration among business leaders in our communities. To see more about our events and communities, go to www.evanta.com
This role will lead the strategic development and implementation of marketing efforts for their geography. They will create marketing plans that focus on driving quality attendees, achieving revenue goals, and exceeding client expectations. They will oversee the execution of the plan, optimize the use of technology for marketing effectiveness, and analyze, track and report results.
Essential Functions/Major Responsibilities:
- Drafts the regional marketing strategy in conjunction with VP Marketing
- Collaborates with VP Marketing and Regional Marketing Directors to ensure consistency and uniformity of the brand as well as to share best practices
- Creates segmentation strategy to ensure a personalized experience for attendees and sponsors; owns data integrity for their region
- Establishes measurement strategy to ensure marketing effectiveness and driving of activity toward key business KPIs
- Owns business intelligence system for the Marketing department and surfaces key insights from the data to enhance business and marketing decisions
- Owns the marketing automation system and establishes triggered nurture streams in conjunction with the Digital Marketing and Content Marketing COEs
- Creates lead scoring model to ensure that attendee and sponsor contacts have next-step actions driving toward conversion
- Executes marketing activities supporting Evanta s brand integrity as an industry leader including: digital marketing, email, social media, direct mail, public relations and advertising
- Creates and continually re-evaluates competitive positioning to ensure market competitiveness and optimal marketing strategy
- Implements new creative strategies to increase leads for revenue growth
- Manages marketing projects within schedule and budget
- Conducts market research and follows industry trends
- Builds and maintains positive relationships with cross functional teams
- Bachelor s degree in business, marketing or related field; MBA preferred
- Minimum 10 years B2B experience, ideally in B2B publishing, events, media or agency equivalent.
- Minimum of 3 years marketing management experience (people and budget management)Strong B2B acquisition experience
- Proven delivery of positive results and growth
- Proven to be able to operate in a vibrant, high growth environment where strong relationships with other departments is crucial for success
- Proven experience in data management & segmentation
- Highly experienced in CRM
- People management experience.
- Analytical and data driven, but also have a passion for creativity and forward-thinking flair
- Community Focus: Ability to consider and understand the landscape of C-level executives and business decision-makers, including their habits, behaviors, media consumption and lifestyles
- Understand Business: Knowledge of how the business world works, typically on global/enterprise scale. Especially (but not exclusively) in marketing and technology. Be aware of sales pipelines and the value of opportunities to our clients.
- Analytical thinking: Have a test-learn-measure approach to everything you do. Be able to analyse results and situations, get to solutions and recommendations quickly.
- Flexibility: Be able to approach challenges through a number of viewpoints. Stand back and consider alternatives, make decisions based upon a rounded-view.
- Team Work: Understand the benefits of collaboration to drive business and success. Be a leader to the team below you and a valuable addition to your peer-group, contributing with relevance, efficiency and frequency.
- Proactivity: Be able to take responsibility for initiatives and encourage a Growth Mindset at all times. Be able to embrace and drive change in a fast paced environment.
- Continuous Improvement: Understand that one success should lead to the next. Always be thinking about future successes and growth.
Job Requisition ID:G22187
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link: https://jobs.gartner.com/applicant-privacy-policy
For efficient navigation through the application, please only use the back button within the application, not the back arrow within your browser.
Job ID G22187
Back to top