Director, Legal Operations and Strategy
What makes Gartner a GREAT fit for you? When you join Gartner, you’ll be part of a fast-growing team that helps the world become smarter and more connected. We’re the leader in our industry, achieving double-digit growth by helping clients make the right decisions with business and technology insights they can’t find anywhere else. Our associates enjoy a collaborative work environment, exceptional training and career development — as well as unlimited growth potential. If you like working with a generous, supportive, high-performing team, Gartner is where you want to be.
Reporting to the firm s General Counsel, the Director of Legal Operations is responsible for identifying and implementing effective, scalable tools, technologies and processes to ensure effective operations in a global and high-growth environment. The Director, Legal Operations is also responsible for effective change management and driving a culture of continuous improvement.
- With leadership team, translate strategic priorities into specific goals and develop plans to address, with an eye toward quality, scalability and growth. Serve as project manager for all approved initiatives.
- Proactively seek ways to improve current processes, tools and technologies to maximize productivity, workflow, and efficiency. Help develop and drive adoption of metrics and SLAs.
- Identify opportunities to leverage technology solutions to support growth and gain efficiencies. Ensure successful roll out and adoption.
- Manage build out/enhancement of the departments internal and company-facing portals, tool kits, and training models.
- Ensure existing policies, procedures, play books and guidelines are effectively documented and accessible; identify opportunities for improvement and implement solutions.
- Build relationships with other key teams including HR, IT, Finance and Real Estate/Facilities.
- Serve as a champion and change agent and promote innovation and continuous improvement.
- Manage special projects for the GC as needed.
- 8 years of relevant legal operations management or contract management experience strongly preferred
- Strong working knowledge of technology tools and applications typically used in Legal department settings; experience implementing new solutions a plus.
- Excellent planning and organization skills and proven ability to plan projects, develop milestones, and meet deadlines while working with multiple stakeholders, both within and outside the Legal &Compliance department.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to create effective decks, training materials and other collateral.
- A demonstrated understanding of how to develop,implement, and enhance processes.
- Demonstrated ability to influence and work effectively with global teams at all levels (including senior leadership)within a highly matrixed organization.
- Demonstrated ability to lead and deliver initiatives that require consensus gathering from multiple stakeholders.
- Advanced proficiency in Excel with the ability to create formulas, charts, graphs and pivot tables. Advanced proficiency developing briefs and reports with PowerPoint.
- Undergraduate degree required; advanced degrees or certifications a plus
Attributes for Success:
- Results-oriented- ability to handle multiple, time-sensitive projects while focusing on the quality of work delivered and meeting deadlines in a dynamic work environment.
- Analytical - comfortable preparing, analyzing, and drawing conclusions from data.
- Ethical Behavior - handles sensitive and confidential situations with candor,confidence, and objectivity.
- Leadership -inspires and motivates others to perform well, accepts feedback from others. Ability to build relationships and influence others across a geographically-dispersed,complex environment.
- Global Perspective- ability to partner with Legal & Compliance colleagues and business leaders across regions to effectively conduct business in Gartner s global environment.
Job Requisition ID:G21510
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link: https://jobs.gartner.com/applicant-privacy-policy
For efficient navigation through the application, please only use the back button within the application, not the back arrow within your browser.
Job ID G21510
Back to top