Director, IT Strategy, Manufacturing
- New York, NY
Why is Gartner Consulting an organization unlike any other? Our consultants are technology and business thought leaders for the 21st century. With the full scope of Gartner’s renowned research and capabilities to draw from, our consultants are committed to turning those insights into actionable solutions for our clients. That’s where you come in. We’re committed to attracting the most creative, talented, and motivated associates to bring our world-class consultancy to the next level. When you join Gartner Consulting, you’ll lead the most innovative business and technology efforts in the marketplace today. You’ll work across Gartner to help senior leaders and their teams execute their most strategic initiatives and achieve lasting results - all within the context of a rapidly evolving digital economy.
EXCEPTIONAL OPPORTUNITIES FOR EXCEPTIONAL PEOPLE
Global Leading Research & Consulting /Advisory Organization
Director Manufacturing Consulting - New York, Washington or Boston
A career at Gartner Consulting will be unlike any other you have had. While we are passionate about technology and its application, our true passion is attracting the most innovative, creative, talented and driven consultants to leverage our world-renowned Gartner Research to improve the bottom line for our global consulting client base.
Due to our ongoing success and growth, Gartner is currently in the process of expanding our high-performance consulting team. As one of our talented consultants you will be given the opportunity to work on some of the most innovative and exciting business-centric technology-driven engagements in the marketplace today.
About Gartner Consulting:
Our applications practice is an important part of Gartner’s current success. To support our future ambitions, we are seeking a talented consultant to take a key role in the development of this sector.
Gartner’s strategy, which you will be implementing, is to focus on a small number of clients with whom we will build strategic relationships based on consulting capabilities in world-class areas of expertise:
- Digital Strategy / Assessment
- IT Cost Optimization
- Applications and Architecture
- Infrastructure Modernization
- IT Security
Led by our Managing Partners, we develop sustained relationships with select clients by selling and delivering high impact engagements focused on our client’s most important IT-driven business initiatives. We do this using both repeatable and custom solutions based on distinctive capabilities and a high degree of industry relevance in our top talent engagement teams.
Gartner engagements are typically high-value, strategic engagements, ranging from three months or more and up to $1m+. Gartner is not transaction oriented. We concentrate on our overall relationship with a client, not on selling a single large project. Teams are formed from industry and solution experts, often, but not exclusively drawn from our North American consulting group. Team sizes are usually up to five consultants, and seldom over ten. Gartner consultants enjoy high visibility with clients, and internally. Growth opportunities are many. Please visit our website at www.gartner.com
Position Accountabilities and Specific Duties
As a Gartner associate working at the highest senior levels within our state and local government client organizations, you will have the opportunity to make a real difference in shaping, managing and delivering real business value. You will assist our clients in successfully managing their technology investments and defining their Go-to-Market Digital Application strategies.
- Manage all components of medium-sized engagement proposals including technical and commercial methodologies, staffing and budgets. Draft key sections of large-sized engagement proposals especially approach and methodology.
- Manage and lead project tasks. Supervise and mentor all junior Gartner consultants assigned as members of your project or any sub-contracted personnel assigned to the engagement.
- Identify, develop and document observations and recommendations using independent judgment concerning engagement areas being reviewed.
- Assist with the comprehensive cost / benefits analysis and preparation of business cases for technology investments.
- Assist in coordinating and communicating the results of engagements via written reports and oral presentations to client management and key stakeholders.
- Maintain a senior-level expertise and currency in industry-leading information management technologies.
- Participate in the drafting of engagement reports and presenting drafts to your manager for review and approval.
- Contribute to the development of project management, quality assurance and professional consulting and auditing approaches/methodologies
Account Penetration and Growth
- Collaborate with Gartner business unit partners (Research, Executive Programs) to help develop business relevant, value-added services to clients.
- In partnership with our Managing Partners, you will work to identify account opportunities for growth and long term, sustainable strategic partnership with clients consistent with Gartner Consulting services (e.g., digital business strategy, business systems transformation, academic systems transformation, personalized learning strategy, infrastructure modernization and Cloud strategy, etc.)
- Support business development efforts, including demand generation and management, scope of work (SOW) discussions, proposal development, and final SOW and contracting process.
- Team with industry / practice leads to ensure appropriate vertical and solution knowledge and alignment to meet client needs
Requirements / Ideal Experience
At Gartner Consulting we are looking for enthusiastic, committed consulting professionals who are able to work both independently and as part of a matrix environment / team. You will have a minimum of an undergraduate degree in a science or engineering field with an MBA from a top program, preferred. Candidates should have a minimum seven years demonstrable experience at a senior level in either an application development or solution architecture environment.
You will be expected to demonstrate consulting experience ideally achieved within an established business and/or IT consulting firm, as well as present outstanding leadership capabilities and excellent verbal and written communications.
In addition you will have a proven knowledge of, and/or proven hands-on experience in:
- Proven client development capabilities in the manufacturing space and track record of selling large transformational programs.
- Industry 4.0 expertise.
- Application overhaul and modernization including options analysis, cloud readiness and architecture, and solution migration and transition.
- Leading-edge technologies that drive application design such as mobile, software and platform as a service, continuous availability, and service-oriented architecture/APIs
- Prior application/software development experience across the software development life cycle (requirements, development, implementation, testing, deployment) including agile and waterfall methodologies, preferred
- Prior application support experience including release management, governance and/or change management, preferred.
- Strong technical capabilities coupled with the ability to clearly communicate the business value and bottom-line impacts of technology decisions to a non-technical audience
- A passion for client service and excellence in delivery that includes attention to detail, ability to prioritize and leverage a team.
- Travel to client sites required (on average 50% travel is required)
Your application and the data therein are received and processed by Gartner Inc. Your application will be shared by Gartner with those persons within the Gartner group instrumental in this process.
Job Requisition ID:23890
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link: https://jobs.gartner.com/applicant-privacy-policy
For efficient navigation through the application, please only use the back button within the application, not the back arrow within your browser.
Back to top