Director, IT Strategy, Energy & Utilities
Why is Gartner Consulting an organization unlike any other? Our consultants are technology and business thought leaders for the 21st century. With the full scope of Gartner’s renowned research and capabilities to draw from, our consultants are committed to turning those insights into actionable solutions for our clients. That’s where you come in. We’re committed to attracting the most creative, talented, and motivated associates to bring our world-class consultancy to the next level. When you join Gartner Consulting, you’ll lead the most innovative business and technology efforts in the marketplace today. You’ll work across Gartner to help senior leaders and their teams execute their most strategic initiatives and achieve lasting results - all within the context of a rapidly evolving digital economy.
Responsibilities & Accountabilities
- Influence and direct Region Leads direct reports ensuring high performance, strong alignment, best-practice sharing and effective communication.
- Identify and mitigate key strategy risks related to process initiatives, revenue performance and overall growth
- Partner with leadership to forge and deliver communications throughout Global Consulting team. Key and active operational “voice” on global leadership team.
- Lead the production and delivery of operational and planning reports to senior business leaders to effectively link results with business strategy.
- Identify opportunities for process improvements and develop innovative solutions that drive efficiency and improve managed revenue and bookings growth
- Prepare and conduct detailed analysis that provides insight and guidance for making informed strategic decisions
- Cultivate strong and mutually respectful relationships across the Global Consulting organization and partner with leadership to solve problems and identify business improvement opportunities.
- Provide guidance to North America leadership team to ensure consistently and share bet practices in driving revenue, client satisfaction, client retention, driving One Gartner initiatives, forecasting and resource management practices.
- Partner with leadership for Gartner Energy and Utility industry as a key lieutenant to drive effective business decisions and performance across the region.
- Drive initiatives to increase managed revenue, bookings growth and drive collaboration and engagement across multiple roles, departments and levels within Gartner.
- Ensure accurate analytics, monitor key business drivers, identify and drive operational improvements, provide transparency of results to key business leaders and ensure informed decision making.
- Drive, coordinate and facilitate initiatives across business units, products, regions and functional areas.
- Provide an impact on strategy and operational aspects towards achieving revenue growth and scaling energy and utility consulting business by serving critical functions in partnership with senior leadership
- Leverage the wider Gartner ecosystem
- 10+ years of overall Management consulting experience with a focus in energy and utilities industry
- Drive communication of Energy and Utilities consulting offering portfolio within Gartner
- Exceptional and established consultative and influencing skills
- Knowledge and experience working with Senior level Gartner resources highly desirable
- Demonstrated ability to own, manage and complete complex, multifunctional projects
- Strong gravitas and strategic thinking skills, prioritization and problem solving skills
- Extensive computer experience & proficiency with Microsoft software, specifically Word, Excel and solid understanding and usage of databases, PMO tools, analysis tools and standard reporting tools
- Project Management skills and date manipulation skills
- Extensive skills organization, time management and ability to multi task
- Stellar verbal and written communication skills; strong ability to analyze situation and make sound recommendations and decisions
- Self-assured and confident in a variety of settings with a strong believe in own capabilities
- Effective presentation of information and the ability to influence required outcomes
- Understands the business and economics of consulting
- Can drive Gartner Consulting value proposition
- MBA/MPA or similar graduate degree
- Travel to client sites as required (on average 60%)
- Locations: Chicago Metro area or Dallas, TX
Job Requisition ID:32567
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link: https://jobs.gartner.com/applicant-privacy-policy
For efficient navigation through the application, please only use the back button within the application, not the back arrow within your browser.
See Inside the Office of Gartner
Gartner is known as the world's leading research and advisory company. But what exactly does that mean? Gartner's teams conduct research, then design products and services based on those objective insights to help clients make the right decisions and be successful. The focus is C-suite senior executives and their teams across the enterprise.
Back to top