Director IT Strategy Consulting, State and Local Government
What makes Gartner Consulting a GREAT fit for you? A career at Gartner Consulting will be unlike any other you have experienced. Not only are we are passionate about technology and its application, we are also committed to attracting the most creative, talented and driven consultants to take our world-renowned Gartner research to a whole new level. When you join Gartner Consulting, you will lead some of the most innovative business and technology efforts in the marketplace today. Our consultants are technology thought leaders for the 21st century. You can expect to connect technology innovations to the strategic requirements of an organization and to the commercial needs of a business, all within the context of the changing digital economy. Consulting associates enjoy a collaborative work environment, exceptional training and career development. If you thrive on solving complex business challenges with technology, Gartner is the place for you.
Gartner is a people business. Fueled by expert analysis, bold ideas and intellectual courage. Top Talent is key to our success. As part of our community, you can thrive and make a visible impact every day. It’s a great time to be at Gartner!
Gartner is the world’s leading research and advisory company. We help business leaders across all major functions in every industry and enterprise size with the objective insight and must have research they need to make the right decisions every day. Gartner Consulting delivers client value through longer- term on- site engagements that extend Gartner Research in support of client’s mission critical priorities.
Gartner is consistently ranked among the best companies to work for by Fortune, and ranked #1 employer in “professional services” by Forbes for 2017. We were recently voted into the top 50 companies to work for by Linkedin for 2017 and Best Places to Work by Glassdooor.
The Director will be an integral part of a team responsible for a portfolio of accounts that consist of multinational, large-scale organizations in the Public Sector Services. You will help to lead engagements advising clients at the highest strategic level with big-picture and tactical guidance on how technology enables a wide range of business outcomes.
Responsibilities of the role
- Gain understanding of the engagement objectives, of the client's strategy, environment and constraints and assure that recommendations can be implemented;
- Analyze Gartner Research, leverage Gartner Consulting IP and methodologies, and prepare written reports and management presentations of analysis and recommendations;
- Leverage Gartner standard methodologies such as financial analysis, project health assessments, risk analysis, infrastructure modernization and standard consulting management skills Solicitation, Alternatives Analysis and Procurement Support
- Consulting experience from a top management or IT professional services firm;
- Significant IT industry understanding; experience in Public Sector Project Management/ Engagement Management is highly preferred
- CIO Strategy and IT Strategy;
- Digital Transformation;
- Technology Cost Optimization (including benchmarking);
- Infrastructure & Operational Excellence;
- Enterprise Architecture;
- Best of Breed Working methodologies (Agile, DevOps);
- Security and Risk Management techniques;
- Business Intelligence;
- Insight and Analytics.
Job Requisition ID:G18949
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link: https://jobs.gartner.com/applicant-privacy-policy
For efficient navigation through the application, please only use the back button within the application, not the back arrow within your browser.
Job ID G18949
Back to top