Director, IT Security and Risk
What makes Gartner Consulting a GREAT fit for you? A career at Gartner Consulting will be unlike any other you have experienced. Not only are we are passionate about technology and its application, we are also committed to attracting the most creative, talented and driven consultants to take our world-renowned Gartner research to a whole new level. When you join Gartner Consulting, you will lead some of the most innovative business and technology efforts in the marketplace today. Our consultants are technology thought leaders for the 21st century. You can expect to connect technology innovations to the strategic requirements of an organization and to the commercial needs of a business, all within the context of the changing digital economy. Consulting associates enjoy a collaborative work environment, exceptional training and career development. If you thrive on solving complex business challenges with technology, Gartner is the place for you.
Position Accountabilities and Specific Duties
As a Gartner Director, and serving as the South S&R Practice Solution Lead under the North American Practice Lead, working at the highest senior levels within our clients’ organizations you will have the opportunity to make a real difference in shaping, managing and delivering real business value, assisting our clients in successfully managing their strategic and technical security program investments and defining their future state security and Go-to-Market strategies.
As a Consulting Director, you will:
- Manage all components of engagement proposals including technical and commercial methodologies, staffing and budgets. Work with key regional stakeholders to draft key sections of large-sized engagement proposals especially approach and methodology.
- Manage and lead Security and Risk project teams. Supervise and mentor all junior Gartner consultants assigned as members of your project team or any sub-contracted personnel assigned to the engagement.
- Identify, develop and document issues and recommendations using independent judgment concerning engagement areas being reviewed.
- Be responsible for providing detailed expertise into the comprehensive cost / benefits analysis and preparation of business cases for technology investments.
- Coordinate and communicate the results of engagements via written reports and oral presentations to client management and key stakeholders.
- Maintain a senior consultant level expertise and currency in the field of Security including a detailed understanding of the leading security technologies and trends in the industry.
- Develop, build and maintain client relationships within your region
- Develop relationships with key Gartner leadership and associates in the regions as well as other industry vertical associates
- Contribute to the development of regional specific and practice/industry focused custom campaigns to grow the Security and Risk Management Practice as part of our One Gartner strategy
- Contribute to the development of intellectual capital, project management, quality assurance and professional consulting and auditing approaches/methodologies
Requirements / Ideal Experience
At Gartner Consulting we are looking for enthusiastic, committed consulting professionals who are able to work both independently and as part of a matrixed environment / team. Ideally you will have a minimum of an undergraduate degree; MBA or advanced technical degree from a top program is preferred. Candidates should have a minimum seven to ten years demonstrable experience at a senior level in either a technical or business environment.
You will be expected to demonstrate consulting experience ideally achieved within an established business and/or IT consulting firm, as well as present outstanding leadership capabilities, illustrating proficiency in both verbal and written communications.
In addition you will have a proven knowledge of, and proven hands-on experience in:
- U.S. Government security policies and procedures including Personal Identity Verification (PIV), Federal Information Security Management Act (FISMA), Federal Information Processing Standards (FIPS) and Identity-Credential-Access Management (ICAM) requirements.
- Current information security technology and methodologies including identity management and access control, intrusion prevention, forensic investigation, continuous monitoring and logging, audit and penetration testing, risk analysis, security and contingency planning, incident response, training and awareness
- Expertise in risk assessment and information security risk management including certification and accreditation
- Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP); Certified Information Security Manager (CISM); Certified Project Management Professional (PMP); Certified Information Security Auditor (CISA)
- A passion for client service and excellence in delivery that includes attention to detail, ability to prioritize and leverage a team.
- Security Clearance of SECRET or higher required
- Location can be Washington D.C. area
Job Requisition ID:27182
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link: https://jobs.gartner.com/applicant-privacy-policy
For efficient navigation through the application, please only use the back button within the application, not the back arrow within your browser.
Job ID 27182
Back to top