Director, Human Resources
Gartner, Inc. (NYSE: IT) is the world's leading information technology research and advisory company. We deliver the technology-related insight necessary for our clients to make the right decisions, every day. From CIOs and senior IT leaders in corporations and government agencies, to business leaders in high-tech and telecom enterprises and professional services firms, to technology investors, we are the valuable partner to clients in approximately 10,000 distinct enterprises worldwide. Through the resources of Gartner Research, Gartner Executive Programs, Gartner Consulting and Gartner Events, we work with every client to research, analyze and interpret the business of IT within the context of their individual role. Founded in 1979, Gartner is headquartered in Stamford, Connecticut, USA, and has 6,800 associates, including more than 1,500 research analysts and consultants, and clients in 90 countries.
- Strategic Partner: Serve as a key member of the senior leadership team(s) and/or GVP level leadership team(s). Provide direction for Sales business group in the area of strategic HR planning and operations.
- Trusted Advisor: Coach GVP leadership (where applicable, may be OC leaders) and their direct reports on their leadership effectiveness and performance. Effectively use influence and negotiation strategies to secure support from stakeholders for support of key initiatives.
- Employee Engagement: Along with the company’s strategic imperatives and values, ensure a collaborative workforce based on shared goals and accountability. Provide opportunity for all associates, effective leadership and a fair and consistent workplace.
- Employee Relations: Minimize risk to organization by actively responding to and addressing associate concerns in a timely, cost efficient manner. Conduct complete investigations and make recommendations based on findings/facts. Escalate issues/concerns to HR leadership and Sales leadership as appropriate. Collaborate with legal and outside counsel as needed to address complex or highly sensitive issues.
- Workforce Planning: Analysis and communication of what Sales Group is going to need in terms of size, type, and quality of workforce to achieve its objectives. This will include determining what mix of experience, knowledge, and skills are required and then sequence the steps to get the right number of the right people in the right place at the right time. Create and revise role profiles as needed to facilitate business planning.
- Recruitment and Retention: Partner with Recruiting to ensure a conscious, deliberate approach to attracting and retaining top talent from both inside and outside the organization. Ensure best in class processes and workflows for candidate life cycle are established and executed on.
- Organizational Development/Design (OD): Analyze and provide guidance on the BUs’ current organizational state and future requirements. Demonstrate a thorough understanding of BUs’ strategies, the competitive landscape, and current and potential future business challenges. Design and implement solutions to meet business needs.
- Succession Planning: Support leadership preparation for OC and business unit annual talent review sessions. Lead talent reviews in order to identify top talent and succession planning strategies. Recommend and implement retention strategies to minimize unwanted attrition, particularly in BU critical roles, specialty skill sets, and in highly competitive critical market places.
- Team Leader: Provide strong leadership in the recruitment, training and development of top quality HR talent to ensure the highest levels of performance and productivity. Instill a culture that emphasizes collaboration, accountability and transparency among the HR team.
- Compensation and Benefits: Lead annual salary, bonus/commission, and equity planning process with Sales leadership, ensuring highest performers are compensated in line with their business impact and contributions. Provide ongoing global compensation analyses and recommend market adjustments as needed to ensure top talent is retained. Collaborate with global compensation and benefits partners to drive participation in annual benefits enrollment processes.
- Change Management: Lead and manage change in BUs to influence organizational culture. Implement change programs as business needs dictate.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 8-10 years of progressive HR Generalist or related experience, plus 2-3 years management experience
- Proven HR Generalist skills including employee retention, employment law, succession planning, compensation, performance management, workforce planning, recruitment, and training and development
- Strong analytical skills to deliver HR programs and strategies that effectively address business issues
- Proven HR consulting and coaching skills; successful track record of superior service delivery in diverse global environments
- Track record of achieving results that contribute to significantly to the business
Meet Some of Gartner's Employees
Vice President, Research
Jenny is the go-to girl for any information pertaining to what technology applications clients can use to support social media connections with customers around the world.
Back to top