Director, Finance (Tax)
- Dublin, Ireland
What makes Gartner a GREAT fit for you? When you join Gartner, you’ll be part of a fast-growing team that helps the world become smarter and more connected. We’re the world’s leading research and advisory company, achieving consistent double-digit growth by steering clients toward the right decisions with business and technology insights they can’t find anywhere else. Our associates enjoy a collaborative work environment, exceptional training and career development — as well as unlimited growth opportunities. If you like working with a curious, supportive, high-performing team, Gartner is the place for you.
- Assist with developing tax risk management strategy for Gartner and affiliates in foreign jurisdictions
- Represents Gartner in meetings with foreign tax authorities
- Develops innovative approaches to favorably settle tax audits and transfers tax knowledge to tax planning and compliance teams to drive operational efficiencies and maximize tax savings.
- Provide insight and strategic direction to the planning team during implementation of tax planning strategies with a view to minimizing future audit risks
- Directs and approves the flow of information to government auditors from other team members
- Manages the relationships with government auditors to control the scope and direction of the audit and settlement
- Works closely with Gartner tax advisors and outside legal counsel during audit processes
- Lawyer or Certified Chartered Accountant
- Experience with directing the audit defense process, dealing with foreign tax authorities, managing outside counsel; and experience with negotiation and execution of audit settlement
- 10 years plus of experience either in a large public accounting firm, law firm or multinational company
- Good understanding of transfer pricing concepts
- Willing to travel up to 50% of the time for business purposes
- Willingness and ability to work in a collaborative manner with other team members and exudes a positive and winning attitude
- Ability to be objective and provide independent input and analysis
What we offer:
In addition to an outstanding work environment with rapid advancement potential, Gartner associates enjoy exceptional compensation and benefits, including:
- An upbeat, positive culture. Integrity, objectivity, collaboration, results and a no-limits mind-set are central to our values
- Limitless growth. We work with you to help you meet your goals and advance within the company
- Encouragement to be innovative and challenge status quo
- Exposure to industry leading training and development
- Performance-based recognition and rewards
Job Requisition ID:35713
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link: https://jobs.gartner.com/applicant-privacy-policy
For efficient navigation through the application, please only use the back button within the application, not the back arrow within your browser.
Back to top