- Arlington, VA
What makes Gartner a GREAT fit for you? When you join Gartner, you’ll be part of a fast-growing team that helps the world become smarter and more connected. We’re the world’s leading research and advisory company, achieving consistent double-digit growth by steering clients toward the right decisions with business and technology insights they can’t find anywhere else. Our associates enjoy a collaborative work environment, exceptional training and career development — as well as unlimited growth opportunities. If you like working with a curious, supportive, high-performing team, Gartner is the place for you.
About Gartner Digital Markets:
Gartner Digital Markets is a business unit within Gartner. Our mission is to help small businesses make the right technology decisions and find the tools they need to grow, optimize, and become more effective at what they do. The business is comprised of three leading brands—Capterra, Software Advice, and GetApp. For candidates interested in taking their next career step in the technology space, Gartner Digital Markets offers the fast pace and excitement of working for a startup, the stability and resources of a large, established organization, and the opportunity to be on the front lines of innovation in an industry that is always growing and transforming.
Gartner Digital Markets is looking for an experienced and passionate leader to join our Tech team in Arlington, VA, as a Director of Engineering. In this player/coach role, you will work with team members and stakeholders to provide technology vision, enable innovation, and understand critical trends that will create increased business value. You will be responsible for leading a team of between 8-12 highly motivated engineers, including a Lead Engineer. 70% of your time will be spent managing a team, managing projects, and leading business initiatives, and the remaining 30% will be spent doing hands-on coding ,and applying advanced technology knowledge and skills in assessing technical requirements and proactively directing, designing and developing leading edge solutions. Lead scrum teams and efforts. Lastly, the successful candidate will need to be able to communicate effectively with senior management, team members, and senior business stakeholders across the division and Gartner. Current or prior experience working in a start-up or similar environment is a plus
What You Will do:
- Responsible for system uptime and responding to events
- Providing mentorship, conducting year-end reviews, and coaching to other team members
- Tracking quarterly business priorities
- Providing technical oversight and pair programming with team members
- Directly communicating and interacting with internal stakeholders to meet business objectives
- Taking ownership of cross-team efficiency
- Participate and plan architecture for new technology initiatives
- Assist in defining architecture across the larger business unit
- Engage in production of code deployments, code reviews, and monitoring
What You Will Need:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or a related field
- 4+ years’ experience using web development technologies and high-performance web applications (React, Ruby, Node, AWS, Ruby, or Rails)
- 2+ years of experience with React
- Familiarity with continuous integration
- 5+ years experience managing a team of at least five engineers
- Experience as a technical lead for cross-team projects
- Experience leading scrum teams
- Experience working in an Agile environment
- Driven by curiosity and the need to learn and continuing to develop
- You enjoy a good challenge: you are not afraid to make mistakes and quickly learn from them
- You aren’t tied to the status quo and strive to achieve new design standards
Nice to Have:
- Management of remote teams
- Experience working in somewhat Ambiguous environments
- Experience or familiarity with SEM, SEO, or Google AdWords
- Elastic Search
Who We Are:
- Action Oriented - Deliver fast, get great results. We embrace the vision, roadmap to success and the action it takes to make it happen.
- Intellectually Curious - Seek to learn, love to teach. We’re humble and embrace respectful, radical candor with a mindset of ongoing professional and personal development.
- Collaborative - One team, shared mission. We welcome feedback and understand the value of working together to accomplish more than what is possible individually.
What We Offer:
- Limitless growth and learning opportunities.
- A collaborative and positive culture — Your team will be as smart and driven as you
- Outstanding compensation — Plus competitive benefits and generous time off
- A chance to make an impact — Your work will contribute directly to our strategy
Job Requisition ID:39053
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link: https://jobs.gartner.com/applicant-privacy-policy
For efficient navigation through the application, please only use the back button within the application, not the back arrow within your browser.
Back to top