Director, Customer Insight (Gartner Digital Markets)
Gartner Digital Markets supports the technology needs of small and medium sized organizations. The business is comprised of three brands - Software Advice, Capterra and GetApp - who are the leaders in helping small businesses select the right software. For candidates exploring the technology space for their next opportunity, Gartner Digital Markets can offer the excitement of working for a start-up, balanced by the stability of a large established organization, and the opportunity to be on the front lines of innovation in a company that is growing and transforming.
About this role
The Director, Customer Insight will be a key contributor to the ongoing growth and success of Gartner’s Digital Markets business by leveraging research and the voice of the customer to drive our overall brand positioning and differentiation strategies and in turn the customer experience. Using data, analytics, and research, he/she will be responsible for proactively connecting with our users to understand their business needs and issues so as to provide relevant and actionable insight that helps drive our brand positioning, customer experience, and overall market strategy.
What you’ll need
· Bachelor’s degree in marketing, mathematics, business, or related field required; advanced degree preferred with strong background in qualitative and quantitative research and analytics
· Market Research /Customer Insight professional with 10+ years of experience in customer research and user experience
· Demonstrable evidence of using insight to drive brand positioning, drive business change, strategy, customer experience, and new product development
· Demonstrated ability to build, manage, and grow high-performing teams
· Strong intellectual curiosity with a passion for interpreting quantitative data and creating actionable insights that are applied to business decisions
· Skilled in problem definition and ability to conduct rigorous analyses
· Expert level Excel and PowerPoint skills
· Strong communication and presentation skills with the ability to “tell the story” and influence senior level stakeholders and colleagues
· Ability to think strategically along with a “roll-up your sleeves to make it happen” mindset
What you’ll do
· Gather and analyze primary and secondary customer research and listen to the voice of the customer
· Leverage the customer research to partner with our Brand Marketing Team to drive our brand differentiation and brand positioning strategies
· Translate the voice of the customer into insight and then into strategic creative briefs for internal staff and external agencies
· Work with outside agencies and internal staff to create more effective and profitable customer communication strategies that improve levels of customer acquisition as well as repeat business and that are consistent with the company's brand image
· Lead efforts to improve the customer experience across all customer touch points with the goal of improving Net Promoter Scores, customer acquisition , and customer retention
Meet Some of Gartner's Employees
Vice President, Research
Jenny is the go-to girl for any information pertaining to what technology applications clients can use to support social media connections with customers around the world.
Back to top