Director, Content Strategy, Gartner Research & Advisory
What makes Gartner Research a GREAT fit for you? When you join Gartner Research, you’ll be part of a leading-edge team that values expert insights, bold ideas and intellectual courage. You’ll deliver must-have research through compelling client interactions, and contribute to our double-digit growth by providing our clients worldwide the unbiased insight they need to make the right decisions on their key initiatives. Through constant learning, discovery and collaboration you’ll not only help clients deliver on the promise of digital, you’ll grow your career and the scope of your impact across industries. Our culture demands hard work — and rewards it with exceptional opportunity. If you’re always looking for what’s next in technology, Gartner is looking for you.
Director of Content Strategy (Tools) is responsible for planning, designing and executing strategic initiatives to support business growth, client engagement and retention through Gartner s portfolio of online interactive tools.
- Plans, designs and executes complex Research Content Strategy initiatives, programs and projects for the Gartner tools portfolio. Work independently yet in alignment with Research and Gartner business objectives.
- Manages the multiple complex work streams required to execute complex Research content strategy projects. Be adept at working with stakeholders across all areas: Product, Platform, IT, Research & Advisory, Sales and Service.
- Develop a strategy and road map for tools evolution projects in alignment with Research objectives and Product/Client Experience objectives
- Identify opportunities for innovation and continuous improvement especially in the ways Gartner leverages data collected by tools
- Be recognized as an expert in Research content, strategies, business processes and systems
- Develop business cases and scope documents for projects
- Create project plans, and supporting documentation for each project
- Work closely with IT teams to ensure fast and accurate development of new tools
- Apply program management to multiple projects to ensure projects deliver as expected, resources are utilized efficiently and business impact is maximized
- Work with the VP/MVP to scope and prioritize projects
- Lead and matrix manage project teams; coach and mentor project managers and team members
- Provide change management support to individual projects
- Improve the quality and practice of project management within RSO
- Provide input and support to RSO teams where required
- Partners with the Content Promotion function to ensure initiatives are effectively promoted and include the relevant Sales and Service enablement support to meet overall objectives
- Bachelors Degree or higher
- 12+ years experience owning and managing content, strategy or product and/or product strategy and programs within a large, complex global organization
- Demonstrated track record and experience working in a complex and fast paced global work environment preferably in Research, STG, or Consulting.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills and the ability to communicate effectively with a broad spectrum of roles and titles.
- Demonstrated track record designing and implementing effective process, development or systems programs.
- Demonstrated track record designing and managing optimized processes, projects and programs in a global workforce environment.
- Demonstrated attention to detail required.
- Experience in managing the content lifecycle.
- Excellent negotiation, influencing, collaboration, communication, and presentation skills required
- Demonstrated experience and track record applying change management best practices to strategies, projects and programs.
- Extensive experience with Microsoft software including Excel, Word, PPT and Project. Also has a solid understanding and usage of databases, analysis tools, standard reporting tools.
Location: This role can be based out of any major Gartner office location.
Job Requisition ID:G20123
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link: https://jobs.gartner.com/applicant-privacy-policy
For efficient navigation through the application, please only use the back button within the application, not the back arrow within your browser.
Job ID G20123
Back to top