Director Consulting, State & Local Government, MA
About Gartner Consulting:
Led by our Managing Partners, we develop sustained relationships with select clients by selling and delivering high impact engagements focused on our client’s most important IT-driven business initiatives, using both repeatable and custom solutions based on distinctive capabilities and a high degree of industry relevance in our top talent engagement teams.
Gartner engagements are typically high-value, strategic engagements, Gartner is not transaction oriented; we concentrate on our overall relationship with a client, not selling a large transaction. Teams are formed from industry and solution experts, often, but not exclusively drawn from our North American consulting group. Team sizes are usually up to five consultants, and seldom over ten. Gartner consultants enjoy high visibility with clients, and internally. Growth opportunities are many. Please visit our website at www.gartner.com
The Public Sector practice is an important part of Gartner’s current success. To support our future ambitions, we are seeking a talented and experienced management consultant to take a key role in the ongoing development of our capabilities in this area.
Gartner’s strategy, which you will be implementing, is to focus on a small number of clients, with whom we will build strategic relationships, based on consulting capabilities in world-class areas of expertise:
· IT strategy / assessment
· IT cost optimization
· Applications modernization (including ERP)
· Infrastructure modernization
· Sourcing and vendor relationships
· Security and risk management; operations, program management and governance
· Digital business and security
· Enterprise architecture
· Program and portfolio management
Position Accountabilities and Specific Duties
As a Gartner Director working at the highest senior levels within our clients’ organizations you will have the opportunity to make a real difference in shaping, managing and delivering real business value, assisting our clients in successfully managing their technology investments and defining their Go-to-Market IT strategies.
As a Consulting Director, you will:
· Deliver consulting mandates and manage/lead IT consulting project teams. Supervise and mentor all junior Gartner consultants assigned as members of your project team or any sub-contracted personnel assigned to the engagement.
· Participate in consulting business development activities, including the writing of service proposals including technical and commercial methodologies, staffing and budgets.
· Identify, develop and document issues and recommendations using independent judgment concerning engagement areas being reviewed.
· Coordinate and communicate the results of engagements via written reports and oral presentations to client management and key stakeholders.
· Maintain a senior consultant-level expertise and currency in industry leading information management technologies.
· Develop, build and maintain client relationships.
· Contribute to the development of intellectual capital, project management, quality assurance and professional consulting and auditing approaches/methodologies
Requirements / Ideal Experience
At Gartner Consulting we are looking for enthusiastic, committed consulting professionals who are able to work both independently and as part of a matrixed environment / team. Ideally you will have a minimum of an undergraduate degree; MBA from a top program is preferred.
You will be expected to demonstrate consulting experience ideally achieved within an established business and/or IT consulting firm, as well as present outstanding leadership capabilities, illustrating proficiency in both verbal and written communications.
In addition you will have a proven knowledge of, and proven hands-on experience with the following:
· Significant Public Sector experience leading strategic consulting engagements with city, county and/or state government clients, including an understanding of various government contracting processes, and demonstrated relationships with government clients.
· Multiple IT consulting practice areas (e.g., digital, IT strategy, security and risk, sourcing, apps, infrastructure and operations, ppm).
· Intellectual curiosity about issues at the intersection of people and technology
· Ability to work fully independently and lead delivery teams and with some oversight from manager
· Ability to reuse institutional intellectual property and research and adapt to client-specific circumstances
· Excellent oral and written communication skills with proven ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously
· Travel to client sites required
· 8 - 10 years of experience in Management Consulting and/or Advisory related IT Consulting engagements
· Preferred location will be Boston, MA.
Meet Some of Gartner's Employees
Vice President, Research
Jenny is the go-to girl for any information pertaining to what technology applications clients can use to support social media connections with customers around the world.
Back to top