Director Consulting, Public Safety and Justice - RMS/CAD
The Director is viewed as a key resource in one or more technology and areas. The Director will have knowledge of some public safety technology such as CAD/RMS, 911, NG911, Courts Administration. The Director is expected to independently manage medium to large sized project teams, and is considered to be fully proficient in full delivery of one or more consulting service offerings (e.g., IT strategy, enterprise solutions, sourcing, and architecture).
· Leads complex project teams and leads project/engagement planning for major engagements
· Manages project teams by developing work plans and managing project execution timelines and budgets
· Develops long-term client relationships within an engagement leading to repeat business opportunities
· Directs the development of proposals and identify optimal client solutions and communicates the Gartner value proposition
· Scopes and qualifies opportunities
· Initiates opportunities for new business and leads sales pursuits
· Participates in the development of account plans and is actively involved in the development and growth of strategic client accounts
· Leads the identification of project issues performing root cause analysis and developing recommendations that meet client needs
· Directs the development of verbal and written project communications in formal and informal settings to senior audiences
· Delivers complex and/or sensitive communication
· Monitors risk mitigation activities to ensure risks are satisfactorily addressed
· Defines tasks and mentors other on the completion of tasks
· Identifies individual team members’ personal concerns and work/relationship
problems and provides guidance and solutions.
· Manages contacts with client executives; plans and facilitates critical meetings.
· Provides leadership and quality control for all deliverables
· Ensures client receives status updates and that identified problems are solved
· Monitors clients’ expectations and oversees revisions to project scope
· Leads and actively drives expertise/insight into the delivery of solutions
· Delivers a complete solution in a complex environment
· Develops consultants with advanced knowledge in one or more domains – business, process, technology
· Keeps current on technologies/trends in multiple domains.
· Demonstrates deep knowledge and interest in Public Sector (particularly at the provincial level)
· Transfers knowledge regarding a client vertical.
· Transfers the understanding of a client’s “business,” critical success factors and the business environment in which it operates
· Leverages a deep understanding of client’s perspectives to lead successful engagements
· Anticipates and addresses customer service requirements
· Develops alternative approaches to address complex client requirements and develops discussion proposals
· Demonstrates knowledge sharing within and outside of engagement setting
· Provides expertise to less experienced associates
· Serves as an associate counselor
· Uses a process to evaluate associates’ performance and develops improvement plans
· Leads improvements in internal operations by recommending changes to processes or procedures
· Fosters environment of continuous improvements
· Sponsors, participates and actively supports recruiting efforts to help the business grow
· Demonstrates success in developing associates
· Communicates and implements the Consulting Strategic Plan
· 10 - 15 years’ experience in Management Consulting and/or Advisory related engagements, ideally with a top-tier firm and focused on Public Safety (some aspects of Police, Fire, 911, Integrated Justice
· Alternatively – experience with systems integration of Public Safety technology services (i.e. CAD/RMS systems, 911 systems, etc.))
· Demonstrated understanding of, and experience in Public Safety systems (Police, Fire, 911, Integrated Justice) with Canadian experience.
· Knowledge of and demonstrated experience with public sector business development and procurement processes.
· Extremely strong analytical and problem-solving skills
· Must be comfortable working with large amounts of sensitive client data sets
· Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics. Commerce and/or other Quantitative discipline
· Proven background in MS Office Suite – specifically and importantly expert knowledge of MS Excel and MS PowerPoint
· Good oral and written communication skills with proven ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously
· Ability to work fully independently and lead delivery teams with some oversight from manager
· Ability to reuse institutional intellectual property and research and adapt to client specific circumstances.
· Travel to client sites required (on average 50% travel is required)
· Based in Toronto, Ottawa, Calgary, Edmonton or Vancouver
Meet Some of Gartner's Employees
Vice President, Research
Jenny is the go-to girl for any information pertaining to what technology applications clients can use to support social media connections with customers around the world.
Back to top