Director, Business Analytics
- Portland, OR
What makes Gartner Conferences a GREAT fit for you? When you join Gartner, you'll be a part of a team that serves more than 75,000 business and technology leaders at 75+ global conferences each year. You’ll work with curious, motivated people, have unlimited growth opportunities, and learn about the latest in technology and business. Our Conferences team is growing in double digits and is positioned to exceed that growth in 2019 and beyond. If you enjoy challenging yourself, connecting with people and pushing the limits of your career, Gartner is the place for you.
The Director, Sales and Business Operations Analytics will play a critical role in leading a team of Business Analysts and Sales Coordinators that provide high-quality data, analysis and insights to senior leaders. S/he will be responsible for managing an exceptional analytics function that helps the business make critical strategic and operational business decisions to continue driving double-digit growth globally.
Responsibilities also include:
- Managing the day-to-day deliverables of the analytics team
- Establishing future-state analytical framework that aligns with the needs of the business
- Understanding key business questions, design analytics, and persuasively communicate findings
- Provide analytics and information to key stakeholders to help address their business questions
- Supporting business reporting needs, leadership questions, and ad-hoc requests
- Creating high quality analytics/reports and translate them into value added decisions and actions
- Drive best practices, change management, and analytical understanding
- Develop data-driven, compelling business cases to support and prioritize initiatives
- Enhance our capability to analyze and “make sense” of large sets of data and translate findings in a visually appealing manner that tell a story and help us make better data driven decisions
- Supporting the strategic and operational planning process for the Conferences business including defining long-term (3-5 years) growth drivers
- Cultivating strong relationships through thought partnership across the Conferences organization to solve problems and identify trends and opportunities
- Improving operational effectiveness through development of lean processes, business analytics and KPIs
- Responsible for employee selection, development, performance evaluation, coaching, corrective action, and all other manager-related administrative functions. Directs work assignments and provides guidance and training while adhering to regulations, policies, and procedures.
- Engaging and collaborating with cross-functional experts across the Gartner business globally
- 7+ years of progressive business experience, ideally with focus on Business Analytics and/or Sales Operations
- Bachelor’s degree. MBA and/or management consulting experience is a plus
- Experience building and leading a team of analysts in a high-performance culture
- Ability to identify key opportunities to develop and enhance the business strategy using quantitative and qualitative analytics
- Exceptional analytical skill set with a proven ability to solve problems and think creatively
- Ability to effectively communicate complex ideas and solutions
- Expert proficiency with Microsoft Excel and PowerBI
- Familiarity with predictive modeling, statistics and statistical tools
- Demonstrated ability to form trust-based relationships with senior leaders
- Ability to prioritize work load in a fast-paced environment
- Must demonstrate high level of influence and negotiation skills
- Excellent verbal, written and presentation communication skills
- The ability to consistently demonstrate integrity, collaboration, no-limits mindset, objectivity, and delivering results consistently using global best practices
Job Requisition ID:38541
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link: https://jobs.gartner.com/applicant-privacy-policy
For efficient navigation through the application, please only use the back button within the application, not the back arrow within your browser.
Back to top