What makes Gartner a GREAT fit for you?
When you join Gartner, you’ll be part of a fast-growing team that helps the world become smarter and more connected. We’re the leader in our industry, achieving double-digit growth by helping clients make the right decisions with business and technology insights they can’t find anywhere else. Our associates enjoy a collaborative work environment, exceptional training and career development as well as unlimited growth potential. If you like working with a generous, supportive, high-performing team, Gartner is where you want to be.
About the role:
We are seeking a Director of Technology to join our team in Gurgaon, India office. The Director is responsible for leading the product development and technical management of Gartner’s customer-facing technology platforms, including all Web sites and mobile technology platforms that provide access to Peer Insights and Peer Connect. Reporting to the Vice President of Product Technology & Delivery, this leader is accountable for collaborating with a Globally positioned Technical Teams, Product Managers, Business Analysts, Project Managers and other cross-functional units to maintain the current platform and also to deliver new products. The primary business objectives are to make Peer Insights the industry standard reviews and ratings platform for enterprise software and Peer connect the industry standard entperprise discussions platform.
What you’ll do:
Manage a team of software, front-end and full-stack developers, quality assurance, including hiring, performance management and career development.
Manage a formal software development life cycle process that provides consistent and repeatable delivery of software enhancements and new-to-world capabilities
Manage an Agile (Scrum) Development process in a continuous integration and deployment methodology.
Partner with all Product Leaders to develop new product features and upgrade existing products and processes; help define product and project deliverables, budgets, schedules, and testing, launch and release plans.
Use a mix of Open Source and Commercial software to keep operating costs in line with industry standards
What you’ll need:
- Bachelor’s of Science in Computer Science, or equivalent.
- Overall 15+ years of experience in web and software development and atleast 6-8 years of people management experience.
- Proven experience in building teams from scratch and growing individuals into leaders.
- Excellent people management skills, including coaching and staff development.
- Excellent knowledge of distributed architecture, Java, Ruby - Rails, .NET, OO, SOA and Web development technologies.
- Excellent knowledge of Apache open source product stack such as Sling, Spring, Hibernate, etc.
- Excellent knowledge and experience designing and developing large scale, high traffic applications.
- Experience with Continous Integration and Deployment.
- Experience working with Cloud infrastructure preferably AWS.
- Excellent understanding of Agile Principles and experience managing development via multiple development teams in an Agile environment.
- Hands-on experience.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; ability to communicate effectively with internal clients, vendors and technology partners.
- Ability to handle multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong experience in working with open source software and developing on open source platforms.
Who you are:
- Passionate about technology, self-learner who keeps abreast with latest developments.
- Consistent high achiever marked by perseverance, humility and a positive outlook in the face of challenges
- Able to solve complex problems and successfully manage ambiguity and unexpected change.
- An effective leader who is assertive yet considerate, passionate yet logical, persuasive, and inspiring. Exceptional influencing and leadership skills.
- Strong team-working ethos.
What we offer:
In addition to an outstanding work environment with rapid advancement potential, Gartner associates enjoy exceptional compensation and benefits, including:
- An upbeat, positive culture. Integrity, objectivity, collaboration, results and a no-limits mind-set are central to our values.
- Limitless growth. We work with you to help you meet your goals and advance within the company.
- Encouragement to be innovative and challenge status quo.
- Exposure to industry leading training and development.
- Performance-based recognition and rewards
Gartner, Inc. (NYSE: IT) is the world’s leading information technology research and advisory company. We deliver the technology-related insight necessary for our clients to make the right decisions, every day. We work with every client to research, analyse and interpret the business of IT within the context of their individual role. Founded in 1979, Gartner is headquartered in Stamford, Connecticut, U.S.A. - Visit www.gartner.com to learn more.
Job ID 00020271
Meet Some of Gartner's Employees
Regional Vice President, Sales
Erin oversees more than $40 million of business for Gartner while guiding and supporting five separate teams of account executives throughout the greater New York City territory.
Back to top