Digital Marketing Analytics Research Associate, L2, Europe, Gartner Research
To fuel our continued expansion, we are hiring additional team members for L2’s European research team that’s based in London. L2 Research Associates are responsible for collecting and analysing the digital marketing performance data for the 2,300 consumer brands that L2 benchmarks every year, assessing each brand’s relative performance across site & e-commerce, e-tailers & omnichannel, digital marketing, and social media. The European team is responsible for benchmarking multiple industry sectors across the region, including retailers, luxury fashion brands, FMCG brands, and mobile operators.
This is a unique opportunity for data-orientated, graduate-level individuals to join our high performing team in London. You will play a pivotal role in driving our regional business forward, with the personal career opportunities that will come from this. You will gain deep insights into the digital marketing strategies and tactics of the region’s top brands, helping to define the insights and recommendations that our members use to make strategic decisions. We are a fast-paced but highly collaborative organisation, built out of every employee’s passion for digital and motivation to deliver tangible value for our members. We embrace diversity and seek individuals who will bring energy, creativity, drive, and personal initiative to our team.
This role is based in central London.
- Benchmark the effectiveness of Index brands’ websites, e-commerce, and omnichannel implementations through hands-on data collection, scoring and analysis
- Benchmark the performance of Index brands across digital marketing (search, display, email) and social media dimensions using L2’s proprietary data tools and other sources
- Write up copy, charts, insights, and best practices for inclusion in published research reports and event presentations
- Ensure accurate data capture and consistent application of L2’s benchmarking methodologies
- Identify opportunities for continuous improvement of L2’s methodologies and data collection/scoring processes
- Identify digital best practices to grow our brand case study library
- Support the preparation of brand deep dives by the Client Strategy team by sharing knowledge, insights, and best practices gleaned from research studies
Ideal experience or interest areas
- Data analytics – Appreciation of quantitative research methodologies, with a passion for the examination of data to identify strategic insights. Must have existing expertise in using Excel.
- Digital marketing domain expertise – An interest in digital marketing, social media and/or website design
- Strong communicator – Ability to distil data into strategic implications and opportunities for our clients, crafting a clear narrative
- Presentation design and delivery – Experience in crafting Powerpoint slides and charts to communicate insights, with high attention to detail
- Fast-learner with a self-starter attitude – Highly disciplined, execution-orientated, with proven abilities as a fast learner. An appetite to work within a small, fast-moving organisation where you will be given high levels of responsibility immediately.
Job ID 00020146
Meet Some of Gartner's Employees
Regional Vice President, Sales
Erin oversees more than $40 million of business for Gartner while guiding and supporting five separate teams of account executives throughout the greater New York City territory.
Back to top