Digital Communications Planner - Gartner Events
We are seeking a highly professional, dedicated and motivated individual to join the Digital Communications Team as an event lead within the Gartner Events Attendee Engagement team.
The core responsibilities of the Digital Communications Lead are as follows:
Manage the onsite digital communications experience for assigned global events
- Assess the event needs and historical performance
- Plan a digital communications strategy that works in line with event objectives and budget, and supports overarching event goals
- Focus on both direct messaging and the digital signage messaging strategy
Plan, create and deliver all onsite daily messaging
- Create daily newsletters for sending out during the event
- Lead push notification strategy
- Plan mobile app informational content
- Create digital signage content
- Prepare social media information for the PR team
- Explore video capture opportunities
Analyze metrics and campaign tracking
- Monitor open and click rates for newsletters and pushes
- Analyze results and suggest opportunities to improve further
- Partner with pre-event communications team to review trends through the event life cycle
Explore new technology
- Remain on the pulse of digital developments
- Scope out investment opportunities
- Pilot new initiatives and trial new technology platforms
Additional responsibilities of the Digital Communications Planner are as follows:
- Interacts in a highly professional manner, internally and externally.
- Participates in team meetings.
- Works autonomously to manage projects and maintain communication with all stakeholders involved.
- Proven ability to create compelling communications.
- Potential to travel to Gartner Events in a digital communications lead capacity (approximately 4 to 8 events per year)
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent; marketing and communications concentrations preferred
- 3 years of experience in a communications lead capacity
- Events experience a plus
- Must be able to work in a fast paced environment managing multiple
- priorities simultaneously
- Work with team members across time zones
- Excellent communications skills (written and oral)
- Highly organized with excellent time management skills
- Advanced analytical skills
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Word, Outlook, PowerPoint and Excel
- Experience with working in a content management system, email distribution platform and WordPress a plus.
Job ID 00020446
Meet Some of Gartner's Employees
Regional Vice President, Sales
Erin oversees more than $40 million of business for Gartner while guiding and supporting five separate teams of account executives throughout the greater New York City territory.
Back to top